ECU Flash Update

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
This is from another, lots of ECU stuff popping up so I thought it would be worth posting :

There are quite a few developments underway for the ECU editor software.

For the next release (version 3.00), there will be quite a bit of behind the scenes "housekeeping" for the actual code. This will allow more "cross pollination" of upgrades and new features as they are developed. This will mostly apply to GEN2 busa, B-King, and Late model GSXR platforms, but it may also extend to the GEN1 code, at least to some degree with the user interface (don't hold your breath for boost fueling on the GEN 1 though, that is a fairly large project in itself).

One if the most apparent improvements will be with the user interface for the map tables. The tables will include an increased resolution for each cell (4 digits instead of three) to improve the ability to fine tune, especially with large injectors. There will also be a 3D graphical representation available for the maps. This is a HUGE improvement as it will allow instant visual recognition of a typo or otherwise rough tuning table.

There will likely be access to more maps (possibly A, B, C, etc on late model) and possibly some new access that was not previously coded.

The release of this software will likely be a few months out as it is a big change and quite a lot of work to implement and test. There will be some beta versions available before a more widespread release.

Now, here is where YOU come in. The changes, particularly the 3d Graphing, are not necessarily free. there are come costs associated with some new modules to be used for programing. these modules are not very expensive, but, nonetheless, they are not free. If you have benefited form ECU Editor, and want the software to continue to be free to use, please send a few bucks via Paypal to JustinWoolich@gmail.com
Include the phrase EE 3.0 Upgrade Donation in the memo or title.

A donation is not required, however, with the extreme amount of time being spent by Justin on this project, paying for a software module should not be his burden as well. This is separate form the "donate" button embedded in EcuEditor. This is specifically for the current effort for upgrades to the software. Even $5 is a worthy donation and quite a small price to pay for a move forward with the software.

Thanks for your help. I'm sure many of you are looking forward to some new features, I know I am.

Just sent him $10. Never actually used the product but it did come with the flash box I bought from BoostbySmith, just haven't used it yet...hmm maybe I will actually use it today. Already ran all the wires and pins...just have a LeMans I am trying to twin-turbo...lol.

Find me someone in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan Canada, or even Montana that can tune a turbo with the ECU editor please..:please:..lol.

I've been calling around and no shops have been using it and are tellin me to just use the Power Commander with the RCC kit...:banghead:

i agree.. i have hade wonderfull results with the ecu editor and would love to see it move foward... i sent 25.00 dollars...i wish i hade more to send but im a poor man because of the arm pit of a state i live in... to all the guys that made the ecu editor happen i just wanted to say ..THANK YOU VERY MUCH...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..:thumbsup:

It would be nice if they held up on the gen 2 stuff and went back and worked on the boost fueling and some other things for gen1's. I see it as gen 1s is where development started, and built up the ecu editor clientele to date.... don't leave those guys behind... it's like buy a bike new 10 years ago and now the dealer won't touch it cause it's older than 7 years.

where can i read/learn more about the busa Ecu flash?
I do have a bench flash and have played with it when it first came out i assume but now it seems its gots lots of new stuff and features.

Back