Woolich tune removal?

Dustin02

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody have Woolich software that would like to remove a tune and put the ecu back to stock so I can use Ecu Editor on it? I will be happy to pay someone for their time. Thanks fellas.

I am not 100% on this, but I believe that each woolich tune has a key, (license) needed to talk to the ecu. If you don't have the key, you can't do much with it, (the ecu) . But can be reflashed to stock tho if you have the key. (my key is with the guys who did my tune).
If you have enabled any of the advanced features, then the ecu is locked and can only be used with woolich. They "may" be able to unlock the ecu.

This is from my emails with them and also talking to the engine shop that did my tune.

I am not 100% on this, but I believe that each woolich tune has a key, (license) needed to talk to the ecu. If you don't have the key, you can't do much with it, (the ecu) . But can be reflashed to stock tho if you have the key. (my key is with the guys who did my tune).
If you have enabled any of the advanced features, then the ecu is locked and can only be used with woolich. They "may" be able to unlock the ecu.

This is from my emails with them and also talking to the engine shop that did my tune.
Well, that's pretty dirty locking up your ECU and then holding it to ransom if you ever want to remove their tuning . . sucks.

I've never heard of this Woolich tuner and now am glad I didn't...

Good luck with your quest and hopefully it gets sorted without much hair loss.

Well, that's pretty dirty locking up your ECU and then holding it to ransom if you ever want to remove their tuning . . sucks.
They want me to buy a new license every time I I want to flash a woodlich ecu back to stock, even though that ecu already has a license, just through another tuner.
That license costs more then what a used gen 2 ecu goes for. I told them they could go good time themselves with their greed.

They want me to buy a new license every time I I want to flash a woodlich ecu back to stock, even though that ecu already has a license, just through another tuner.
That license costs more then what a used gen 2 ecu goes for. I told them they could go good time themselves with their greed.
What a joke. That guy could have done good things with that program. Greedy SOB.

I may be all wet on this but if you have a Boost by Smith flasher or the Gen 1 Woolich box I believe you can flash what you want without having to buy the pass codes to unlock the box.
With that being said I have the Gen 1 box but when I heard wind of Woolich starting to use pass codes I only flashed from my own files that I had built.
I was an earlier adopter of Woolich stuff and he was great to work with in the beginning. The past few years all it seems all they want to do is put out half-ass software for every new bike that comes out. The worse part is the person tuning with that software is doing the R&D for them for free to get it straightened out. I'd heard the Ducati stuff was a real poop show.

I ran into this with a friends ecu. The fix was to erase the ecu using woolich then we could use the ecueditor to write a stock file.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking into now. It would be nice have this ecu as a spare for a just in case scenario.

Back