Woolich Racing Racing ECU Flashing

Meta title: map

Hayabusa133

Registered
2011 Suzuki GSX1300R (Hayabusa) ECU Flashing

Any one here using this Woolich Racing 2008-2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Log Box Pro + Zeitronix ZT-3 Widband O2 Package.
PLEASE share your thoughts, reviews, tips, experiences with me.

I'm thinking about buying this for my Gen 2 Hayabusa. I'm new to the ECU Flashing world.
Is this software easy to use?
I'm gonna install a Brock's Performance CT Meg exhaust system and will need to remap my stock ECU.

I would like to remove the top speed limiter and have the same ignition timing maps for all gears and still use the OEM gear position display. Can I do that with this software?

Will I have to dyno tune my bike or can I just install the data logging box and enable auto tune and send the auto tuned map to the ECU?

Thanks
Mark R.

not sure if you have also tried contact them directly. i tried their FAQ section and found below: Support Center - General Information
The Woolich Racing Tuned software allows you to make changes to the software and maps, and then flash the changes to the ECU on your bike. Below is a list of maps and setting you may be able to adjust. Please note that features and functions vary between make and model.

Fuel Maps (both IAP & TPS)
Ignition Maps
Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
Injector Balance Maps
Ram Air Maps
Adjust RPM Limiters
Adjust Fan Temperature
Enable Wideband O2 Sensor
Disable Stock O2 Sensor
Unlock a locked ECU
Quickshifter
Enable High Speed Data-logging
Disable Top Speed Limiter

Hopefully, the experts (like JohnnyCheese and Powerhouse will chime in soon)...who BTW will flash your ECU for a small fee.

Site sponsor sells them, Smithabusa!

Send Greg a PM with any questions, ill have mine in about a week. Im buying the Log Box pro, but without the wide band. For a streetbike the oem O2 does will do just fine! So no real need for the wideband, but with the Pro box it can be added later, if needed!

I have been using the Wooich logbox for the past couple years with a Innovate LC1 O2 sensor. Personally I won't go back to anything else. It took a while for my tuner to buy off on it and become familiar with it but now he hates to tune Suzukis and Kawasakis with anything else but.
The autotune feature works ok but you have to be careful how much faith you have in it. My dyno guy's business is 95% roadrace bikes and he says if you rely on the autotune to make all of the changes in your IAP maps you can end up with something that will be jerky on and off the throttle. He'll take a look at the logs and "blend" the fuel map somewhat to make the transtitions better.
The downsides are, it is kind of a do it yourself product, there isn't too many tuners that are good with it because learning it is time consuming compared to the add-ons out there and you can tune yourself into a corner that you can't get out of if you don't save your work and pay attention.
Anyway my .02 worth

I have used ECU Editor, Rom Raider, and WRT in a combined manner since 2008 on my bike. My application is far from conventional (Gen 1 busa with Gen2 electronics, single set of large injectors and a turbo). I have made as much as 555rwhp with the bike on the dyno and have ran a best dragracing ET of 7.350 and 195mph.

Don't get me wrong, at the level I am using it, there are some limitations to ECU flashing that sometimes make it a bit tough at the track, but for the street, there is nothing like it. If you have the time and like to tinker with your own bike, it is by far the right solution for you. It does take some computer skill and knowledge of tuning, but most people can figure it out. There are forums available (this one included) with folks that can help you along the way.

You will see some posts about using a Power Commander in conjunction with the ECU flashing. This is typically due to the fairly lengthy flashing time required for the ECU to be flashed. (3-5 minutes) verses the instant, realtime programming available for the Power Commander / Bazazz interfaces.

John

• Wow
Reactions: Zee
Back