Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Power commander

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ECU Editor on my 08 Busa. I've had a power commander on a 1000, and many of my friends have them. They work well with a good dyno tune. The ecu editor is far superior though, as it basically does everything.
Power commander was an original that set the standard. Many a bike has been tuned well with them. The ecu editor just happens to be alot less well know and only offered for a few bikes as of now. We are just very fortunate to own an awesome bike that this thing was designed around.
The Busa also has 8 injectors, where as the power commander can only control 4. So a good tuner can make your fuel map even better/smoother with ecu editor too.
The ecu editor controls alot of functions that can easily be clicked and changed.
Power commander piggybacks on the ability to upload and use new base and custom fuel maps(and sometimes ignition)and that's it.
Ecu editor allows you to completely control the bike's ecu and basically change whatever you want. You can always put it back to stock settings too. It gives you the ability not just to work on the mechanics of your bike, but to be able to work on all of the computer's settings. Their is a ton of info on the ecu hack forum and the customer service and support from Greg is second to none.
You just need to find a good dyno tuner that is familiar with it. The ecu editor does also have some useful functions that you can easily do at your computer without needing a tune.
It's aslo only $208. This has to be without a doubt, the cheapest most benificial part that you can put on your bike! I can't wait to get the exhaust I want so that I can have mine dynod.

I was kinda wondering if most tuners are familiar using a ECU editor and how to use one.

When I made an appointment for a Dyno-Tune, the tuner asked if i had a power commander installed.

Well the dealer put a PCIII on my '08 with the brooks short meg. I would have been much better off just flashing the ECU

PC5 for me since the closest ecu editor tuner is 6hrs away

I did a turn around trip to my tuner, he too was 6 hrs away. It made for a very long day. My bike was on the dyno for about 5 hrs. Made a few pulls, let it cool ect... Well worth it and I would do it again!

How come power commanders are more expensive than ECU editors?

And who is Greg from Smithbusa.com, no offense but kinda sounds like someone working from his garage.
Why are no big company's selling it?

remember the fastest stock with pipe 08 Busa uses a pc3 (tuned by Johnnycheese)it really doesn't matter what you have the tuner is the key

Amen Johnny, I will stick with my PC5 with Brocks map since my elevation and climate conditions match theirs. The bike runs smooth and pulls hard.:thumbsup:

remember the fastest stock with pipe 08 Busa uses a pc3 (tuned by Johnnycheese)it really doesn't matter what you have the tuner is the key

:thumbsup:

Bike only knows what the tuner can provide, hope he knows more than how to change cells..

PC ECU If you know what you are doing they will both work. Its the numbers game. It's just a tinker toy. I think the ECU is much easier. More Numbers. :beerchug:

The big advantage ECU Editor has is that you wont need to add more electronics ( add more wieght) to the bike. On a GENI the PC would be the way to go,but on a GEN II use the ECU Editor. I drag race my 08 and along with a WEGO III data logger w/o2 sensor I can compensate for changing weather and track conditions. I also use an air shifter and the EE program alowed me to remove the killbox and control the ignition and fuel cut for the shifter. I can adjust ignition timing, injector balance, secondary throttle plate angle,
and the is also turbo and nitrous control modules in that program. I have been using it for almost 1 year and it has made a HUGE difference in my et and speed. My et has improved by over .5 from a 10.18 down to 9.62 and speed has increased from 138 mph to 147 mph. Those #'s dont lie there is something to this :thumbsup:

My et has improved by over .5 from a 10.18 down to 9.62 and speed has increased from 138 mph to 147 mph. Those #'s dont lie there is something to this :thumbsup:

So what else has changed? .5 sec and 9 mph is major horsepower. That can't come from tuning alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what else has changed? .5 sec and 9 mph is major horsepower. That can't come from tuning alone.

Would a faster 60' drop the time and raise the speed that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back