Ebay headaches.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
What's up with people bidding on your stuff, or better yet, hitting the buy it now button and not responding?

I had a Busa engine forsale, the guy calls me about the engine on Sunday and says he's interested, so i tell him to click the BIN and end the auction early. He does and i can't get ahold of him.
Wether i call his company direct or through Ebay........ nothing.

It's frustrating.
rant.gif

I will keep you guys posted. If he turns out to be a deadbeat bidder, i will make sure you all know about his company.

I hate people like that, I have done alot of business on ebay, 100% feedback and can't stand those who renig...
guns.gif
deadbeat fuqqers!

Give him 7 days then file a non paying bidder complaint with ebay they will refund the final value fee as well as let you relist it for free (cause you already paid to list it)

(blazzinbird @ Jul. 11 2007,13:35) Sprint dropped his service.
laugh.gif

He might have one of those "if I can't get it, nobody can" type attitudes.

I hate buyers like that. Message him and tell him your ending it in 12 hours for another buyer if he doesn't pay or just.....
Kill the auction, eat the fee, put him on your blocked bidders list, re-list.

I've run literally thousands of auctions for hotrod parts. Without fail, 1 in 50 will be a deadbeat. The odds go up though with the high ticket items.

Many "people" today don't feel like they need to be accountable for what they do. They should at least have the courage to call or email and tell you they can't or won't follow through. Some of em aren't even man enough to do that. One of the reasons I washed my hands of Ebay as a seller.

Good luck with your motor!

When ebay was early in it's infancy, I got a neutral feedback because I never got information from the guy on something I bid and won (this was before my ebay was even invented).

So it's possible that someone made a mistake. Not really likely, but possible.

Consideration for your fellow man is dead and buried in this country, I am sorry to say, anyone who cannot step back and see that our society is going to hell in a hand-basket quick is blind. I hate to sound like a dooms day guy cause I really am not but it is another nail in this countries coffin.
rant.gif

here's a small ebay story.
back in dec i had two chrome axle nuts for the busa,one for me ,one to sell, i sold one on fleabay, i waited on payment, nothing, emailed over and over, nothing happened.
waited two weeks, nothing from him, i relisted the chrome nut, sold it. then out of the blue i get the payment from the first guy, i contact ebay, they say i have to sell it because i did not put in my listing how long they had to pay up. ended up having to take my chrome nut off , send both out, worked out ok, got the gilles axle nut now.
whats this got to do with gmbusa ? nothing other than another ebay war story.

Just had the same thing happen to me. Talked to the guy on the phone. Wanted me to end the auction early and he would buy two helmets. Can't get a hold of him. What-a-jerk!
firedevil.gif

Try selling a car on ebay. they BIN and then bargaining you down, tried to..
or threatened you with feedback if you was stupid and left feedback first.
I`m on ebay from 1998 and remember how different it was before.
sometimes nothing could be done to prevent bad feedback, just situation like yours. If you leave bad for him he would do the same.
i think ebay has to change their policy and prevent non paying bidders from leaving feedback.

As a seller, I learned not to leave feedback first. Unscrupulous buyers will use it as a tool against you.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jul. 11 2007,16:15) Try selling a car on ebay. they BIN and then bargaining you down, tried to..
or threatened you with feedback if you was stupid and left feedback first.
I`m on ebay from 1998 and remember how different it was before.
sometimes nothing could be done to prevent bad feedback, just situation like yours. If you leave bad for him he would do the same.
i think ebay has to change their policy and prevent non paying bidders from leaving feedback.
AMEN!

100% feedback here since 2000, if you could leave honest feedback on violators without them being able to "revenge" feedback on you, there would be a lot more honest feedback scores on eBay merchants in particular.

They know how to work it, one bad feedback really screws a little guy but they can eat it no problem, so they neg you then contact you and get you to "mutually withdraw" bad feedback to kep their rating up. Meanwhile they keep hosing good folks daily...
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

i have had the unfortunate luck of running into a few pricks on ebay, a few thieves also. 98 percent of my transactions have been great. i have had to wheel and deal with a few one to satisfy over a 10 dollar life stopping purchase.
like a little 1.00 light bulb burned out in a card reading machine. even being a christian i want to go threw the puter some times and choke the $##% out of them.

here's one of them: riders-depot...bought a led flash regulator a month ago, no comm for weeks, bought another one and sent them an email stating I want my money back, then they give me notice they just shipped it and will be on vacation for the next couple weeks. Its not just individuals, but companies too that do bad business on ebay...

"We will leave positive feedback after you leave positive feedback"...what a crock of sh...
rant.gif

How much for the engine? Shoot me a PM. I have a friend that just had one pop and we are looking for another.

No more Pre-Approved Bidder's List. That's the problem.

Ebay is changing a bit. In the past, sellers could actually control who bid on their item based on a pre-approved bidders list. Unfortantely, ebay has presently removed this option (as far as I know).

Instead, you can filter bidders by either "regular" or "paypal" users. Ebay owns paypal (right?).

So all I can really do is filter my bidders by restricting my auctions to "paypal" users and require "pay immediately through paypal".

This is not a great approach for me because I'd rather get to know the bidder first and discuss terms before allowing them to bid. This new paypal/ebay cross-marketing campaign forces me to accept a paypal user's bid without giving me the chance to know if they are on the level.

With international paypal transactions (not domestic), I've heard there are ways for dishonest bidders to manipulate the paypal rules to get free stuff after a technical refund.

firedevil.gif

Back