Cache or moderators.

I suggest that direct links BY THE SELLER to ebay auctions become unacceptable(not allowed). By allowing them you are encouraging spamming of the board with ZERO gain for the board or its members. Member doesn't gain an edge (or save cash) bidding againist the general public for items. Site doesn't gain from drawing members to products being sold off the board. I see nothing gained and plenty of bandwidth (cash) being wasted.

My $.02

bandwidth (cash) being wasted. [/QUOTE]

...Yeah... now we dont want cache to get wasted do we...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ok...bad joke
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Agreed offer it here first. then if you get no bites list it on ebay with a link in the origional thread

I don't see a problem with it. Not unless it gets outta control. I mean we have folks peddling stuff here all the time.

It's a busa forum and folks are advertising Busa stuff... Good information for all potentially.

I mean we have to watch out for scumbag thieves and other "Undesirable" (FOR SALE WHORES). But for the most part I think this board does a pretty good job of self regulating.

I don't see a problem with it.  Not unless it gets outta control.  I mean we have folks peddling stuff here all the time.

It's a busa forum and folks are advertising Busa stuff...  Good information for all potentially.

I mean we have to watch out for scumbag thieves and other "Undesirable" (FOR SALE WHORES).  But for the most part I think this board does a pretty good job of self regulating.
+1

my viewpoint---------------------

when I see someone say to the effect "I got something for sale, here is a link to my ebay auction:"
then I look at it, and it goes in the mental trash bin.

If it is something I'm interested in, I'll p.m. the member and see if they will take an offer.

This also gives someone a chance to see their history... bad, good, whatever.
-------------------------

As usual, suz4L has a good point. It does not help the h.org members with first dibs, or even a chance to buy it in one simple communication.

I'll keep tabs on this, as it is the membership that decides how things are done.... I just push buttons and direct traffic..............

my viewpoint---------------------

, here is a link to my ebay auction:"
then I look at it, and it goes in the mental trash bin.
Then we agree, that spamming in no way draws potential vendors (why should they pay if they hafta compete with fly by nighter ebay posters who post for free?) which hurts the board in MANY ways.

No discounts to members
No offered items for raffles
No donations to pay for site.

In the end, the spamming hurts one person in general. THE MEMBER(s).

Back