E bicycle

busabobh

Registered
I just ordered a new Ariel Rider Kepler bicycle, 1000 watt motor, 20Amp hr battery. Seemed like a good deal to me. I’m going to use it to go fishing mostly. Anyone else have an E bike?

I just ordered a new Ariel Rider Kepler bicycle, 1000 watt motor, 20Amp hr battery. Seemed like a good deal to me. I’m going to use it to go fishing mostly. Anyone else have an E bike?
Don't have one but have ridden them a few times in the city. They are a lot of fun and time saving for getting around.

I've been seeing more and more of them lately and for some reason it's mostly obese people riding them, I imagine these same people tell their doctors "I'm riding a bicycle 4 times a week now..." and not mentioning they aren't pedaling that bicycle.

I can see the sense of them for non-fitness principles as an alternate form of transportation to travel a short distance.

I can see the sense of them for non-fitness principles as an alternate form of transportation to travel a short distance.
Very popular for tourists in big cities. Working in DC, i see them all the time and they are very efficient. A few weeks ago, I had to go do something for work and was going to take an uber. Uber would have been 20 minutes/$15 for the ride during rush hour.

I rented the e-bike for $7 and took me about 15 minutes to get to the location. E-bikes are a lot of fun but there is no way someone can say they get a full workout on these.

When I travel for work I always use the scooters or e-bikes to get around. Work pays for that or an uber, but it's a lot more fun scootin around the city than riding in the back of a car!

If I still lived downtown I would definitely have an e-bike or an electric scooter.

Since my accident walking long distances and climbing river banks hurt my foot and leg. On top of that I ride my mountain bike 6 to 12 miles per trip. By the time I get home I’m whipped, hope the E bike cuts down on some of the fatigue and pain. Being old doesn’t help either.

Since my accident walking long distances and climbing river banks hurt my foot and leg. On top of that I ride my mountain bike 6 to 12 miles per trip. By the time I get home I’m whipped, hope the E bike cuts down on some of the fatigue and pain. Being old doesn’t help either.
When I had my Ram in for service a while ago, they were selling ebikes in the showroom, I can't remember the manufacturer but man they were heavy, I sure wouldn't want to have to pedal them anywhere....

....and they were not inexpensive...I think around $5k or more for various trim levels...

A neighbor down the street has a home based bicycle shop and has a couple e-bikes, they are Teslica bikes made here in Canada.

The have big wheels but are pretty light, he said you can set the system so it will help a little or a lot or take over altogether....

He said you can set it so the motor will give you assistance on hills but only at the level you want.

i like the idea for an emountain bike you can go off road further
but for the road - no thank you

i have a racing bike and its used for fitness, i've ridden 7,300 miles in 2 years (more than my busa)
my cardio has improved , heartbeat lowered as more efficient , i have leg and calf muscles like steel
i entered a 100 mile cycle event and it became really competitive in the 'pelaton' was averaging 23 mpg for 30 miles

resting heartbeat is about 50 pbm and when sleeping can drop to 40 bpm - that is good

i see too many folk rolling along at 16 mph legs barely turning and they see it keeps them fit :D

The thing ships as a class 2 , 20 mph, but as a class 3 the company claims 32 mph. That just takes 5 or 6 button push’s on the controller. All the videos I’ve watched shows 34 to 38 mph.
The neighbor down the street says these Teslica bikes will go around 35mph on a good day with all the right conditions

There's a War coming with E bikes, the Lance Armstong's hate seeing them on the bike lanes. It you ride one on the road that has no pedals the Cop's will pull you over for not having a plate. Folks on walking trails hate them too. I'm thinking of getting one of them so I can sew on my 1% patch LOL !

Back