E-Bayers a little help

1. start a "trail" of emails/messages between you and buyer: ask your questions, request pictures, etc. (this will come in handy if/when you need to file a dispute)
2. I only use PayPal (funded by a credit card) for online purchases
3. If the deal goes sour, EBAY and PAYPAL essentially have no muscle to go after the seller. Think about it, they already took their cut and have nothing to lose.
4. but no worries, because of #2 above. Dispute the charges from your CC and you have proof ready because of #1 above. You get a provisional credit
5. because the CC is not getting their money from you, they will go after the BUYER.
6. your provisional credit now becomes final after the CCC nabs the buyer.

Emailed paypal for clarification

Dear RJ LeVasseur,

Hello RJ. My name is Arvin from PayPal Customer Service.

Actually, if the seller doesn't have funds in his PayPal account, we
will send him an email notification that he needs to resolve the said
case. The seller is unable to use his account up until he will make a
payment. PayPal will not give you funds if we cannot recover these funds
to the seller's account.

We are committed to making your experience with PayPal pleasant and
rewarding. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Arvin
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

So in other words you are screwed if the guy is a complete fraud. HOWEVER. kromdom speaks truth about going through your credit card company. And also paypal makes you put a valid credit card on your account in order to take money out of your account preventing most fraud. Theres still a small bit of uncertainty though.... Like i did, contact the buyer because most frauds are idiots (why they dont have a job) and you can see through it if you have any bit of intelligence

Wish you woulda came earlier, I sold a 07 GSXR 1000 rear subframe like new (wrecked at 4000 miles only front damage) for 180 on ebay. I woulda loved to get 450 out of it lol. Are you modifying your busa or reparing a 07 - 08 GSXR 1000? I still have the swing arm, shock, guage cluster, ECU and engine. Came from a 2007 GSXR 1000 orange and black

Wish you woulda came earlier, I sold a 07 GSXR 1000 rear subframe like new (wrecked at 4000 miles only front damage) for 180 on ebay. I woulda loved to get 450 out of it lol. Are you modifying your busa or reparing a 07 - 08 GSXR 1000? I still have the swing arm, shock, guage cluster, ECU and engine. Came from a 2007 GSXR 1000 orange and black

One I'm looking at has lights, plastics, passenger pegs, wires, lock, both seats, subframe and subframe front rails.

I'm trying to do the tail mod.

One I'm looking at has lights, plastics, passenger pegs, wires, lock, both seats, subframe and subframe front rails.

I'm trying to do the tail mod.

Im sure you've already heard this, but one piece at a time may be they way to go.

Yes i did a quick little read of your lastest posts :laugh:

I messaged the guy so ill see what he sends me back. The picture looks too well set up... but you will probably have ebay and paypal buyer protection but i dont know how much that covers up to. I will look into it though

you here back from this guy yet?

you here back from this guy yet?

I haven't. I messaged him on Ebay. And called this number: Sanki North America Inc, Durham, NC it was disconnected.

Can't find any reference to a business under the same name as the users name.

It's not looking good.

I'm gonna look elsewhere.

I called this junk yard near here today, ozpowersports.com and they flat told me: buying the cheaper aftermarket fairings and a subframe for 900+ bucks new from them, without lights etc... would be cheaper than them pulling one off a wrecked bike in their yard. WTF???

I knew those guys were absolute nut jobs over there. I don't even know why I bothered calling them.

I haven't. I messaged him on Ebay. And called this number: Sanki North America Inc, Durham, NC it was disconnected.

Can't find any reference to a business under the same name as the users name.

It's not looking good.

I'm gonna look elsewhere.

I called this junk yard near here today, ozpowersports.com and they flat told me: buying the cheaper aftermarket fairings and a subframe for 900+ bucks new from them, without lights etc... would be cheaper than them pulling one off a wrecked bike in their yard. WTF???

I knew those guys were absolute nut jobs over there. I don't even know why I bothered calling them.

i smell scam....run forest run

His other items shows a lot of bike parts for sale, but he does not appear to be new to selling online. Whoever took those pictures (if they are his, they say actual item shown) knew what they were doing.

Looks like just about everything was listed at one time.

Could be a seller who has had a lot of trouble with Ebay and selling under a new name to avoid restriction, ban, or bad feedback~!~

I am surprised you are considering putting out that kind of money on something that sounds like too good a deal!

Send him a message via ebay and research his email address when he responds.

One other thing to think about, since everything was listed at once...it could be a snatch and grab and there he goes...never to be seen again

If you can afford to lose the money (which you said you can't) then go for it...otherwise NEVER buy from a zero unless they are within driving distance or you can confirm they are legit. There is always a better ebay deal down the road so don't sweat it.:rulez:

I have nothing to add except I am very happy to see how we take care of each other. You guys crack me up too. :laugh:

Yeah no message back from the seller and i believe its not worth it. I call fraud on this one.

So, I decided to message this guy a second time, didn't think he'd bother responding but he did. Though he didn't have much to say.

Dear sankismotorsports,

Hellooooooo?

So, I was interested in purchasing this. 0 feedback, Can't find any info on sankis motorsports even existing, and you aren't replying...

What's the deal? Seems sketchy.

Reply:
Hello,

Sorry for the late response, This peice has a minor crack at the back on one of the white side fairings, but other than that its a nice peice... Thank You

Best Regards,

Sankis Motorsports!!!

???

He has gotten some positive feedback this week though.

Last edited:
He got a positive feedback for selling, the other 4 he bought the items. Its something, but not $450 something IMO. Im not a big fan of his reply either, Id still hold on to your ca$h if i were you.

I googled Sankis, not a great choice of names either....:whistle:

Back