Dyno tune prep

psychoticide

Registered
Wazzup? I couldn't get the tune done after the exhaust work so I am taking the bike in for a dyno tune on Tuesday. What should I do to prepare for it? I am putting some new plugs in (Iridium)... should I plug the TRE back in or leave it off and run it that way? Honestly, I doubt I will ever near the top speed limiter so that wouldn't be an issue regardless. LOL Let me know your thoughts on the prep work as I am not sure what to expect. Thanks.

It's all about how you ride and what you want
dunno.gif
. Check with your tuner and ask him what he thinks  
pillepalle.gif
! That's what I did since he knows best what he needs when he tunes the bike
woot.gif

New plugs, 0 in the TPS sensor,sync throttle bodies,3.5 quarts oil, good to go.

Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely change the plugs. Picked some up at O'Reilly's for less than $7 each. Now about the TRE....I know many don't like them, but my question is this. I already own one. Should I leave it off so he can tune all six fuel maps? Or should I plug it back in and have it tuned that way. Like I said, I am not going to be hitting the speed limiter any time soon so that part isn't an issue.

One other thing. That should the gap be for these Iridiums? Thanks.

Still unable to search the forums....or I would just do that... What gap are you guys running with the iridium plugs? Close to if not stock gap?

Don't forget to have a full tank of gas... you may want to remove the fairings, may save you some time at the shop, but then agian you may not need too... check with your tuner...

Back