Dyno Tune before or after

archeryblackdog

Registered
Hi, to everyone; again thank you for taking me in your forum, I am new here and new to the Busas I had mine for 3 Months which is the time that I been silently reading this forums and learning as much as posible.

Thanks to every one that makes this great site posible, lots of knowlage here, Is a great pleace to learn and hang at!!

I am wondering abot an issue and I would like your input:

Since I bougth my bike 06 Ltd busa, brand new, and after the break in period I changed the Pipes for Yoshi's R22 and USB Power Commander.

Now I am going to have the bike dyno MAP TUNED and a map will be done specially for it, This is not going to be cheap, since the tech quoted between $ 250.00 to $ 500.00 depending on how long it takes to get it just perfect.

Now I also plan to change the rear sprocket to 44T. According the the Dyno techician wich seems to be a very qualified and capable mechanic, with a top of the line dyno, there is absoutely no difference if I do the dyno tune before or after changing the sprocket since he is tunning the engine for maximum performance and not the gears in the wheels.

What do you all think? Dyno TUNE before or Afrer Sprocket change?

Do you share his profesional opinion that there is no difference in MAP TUNING before or after changing the sprocket?

Thank you very much for your input!
muscle.gif

Just a thought.... wouldn't it be cheaper to ask someone if
they have a map with your setup and try it first??? might not be perfect but likely close... might even be free?

Just my 2 cents..

Joe

(buffalojoe @ Apr. 05 2007,01:12) Just a  thought....  wouldn't it be cheaper to ask someone if
they have a map with your setup and try it first??? might not be perfect but likely close... might even be free?  

Just my 2 cents..

Joe
You are right it may be way cheaper, I apreciate your input, Is a good sugestion!
beerchug.gif

Actually I already have a map (I guess) that was loaded ant the dealer when they installed the Power Commander and the Pipes, I guess is a map off the PC site.
crazy.gif

But I really want to see this thing maximized for power in the dyno, and think that if I gain an additional 5 to 10 HP ill be worth it.
race.gif

The issue is if the sprocket change will change the Dyno tuned Map result??

There is no difference, as your tuner told you he is tuning the engine! Whatever your final gearing is dont matter. However if the stock gears and chain have been on for alot of miles, I would change them first to keep from breaking them on the dyno!
BTW Welcome, and enjoy the bike. Put up before and after horsepower numbers for us when you are done.
super.gif

I somewhat disagree with the sprocket/dyno theory, The guy who tuned my old 1k told me the same thing, but in theory, if you change the sprockets, arent you manipulating the torque numbers? hence the faster acceleration, and better ets? but your not actually touching the motor? do i got it wrong, or does that make sense,

(gsxrboy96 @ Apr. 05 2007,20:46) I somewhat disagree with the sprocket/dyno theory, The guy who tuned my old 1k told me the same thing, but in theory, if you change the sprockets, arent you manipulating the torque numbers? hence the faster acceleration, and better ets? but your not actually touching the motor? do i got it wrong, or does that make sense,
I tougth the same, but then again he is tuning the engine.

The bike has been dyno tuned, after that I did the sprocket change and Speedo Healer.

Know I bet that if I take it back to the dyno, the HP will be the same but the torq shall be alot more agresive.

We will see because in a couple of weeks I will do and airbox and will have the bike dynoed again (not tuned just dynoed).

biggrin.gif

But by doing an airbox mod you have changed the motor, so yes the dyno results should be different. Probably not much, but different.

(gsxrboy96 @ Apr. 05 2007,20:46) I somewhat disagree with the sprocket/dyno theory, The guy who tuned my old 1k told me the same thing, but in theory, if you change the sprockets, arent you manipulating the torque numbers? hence the faster acceleration, and better ets? but your not actually touching the motor? do i got it wrong, or does that make sense,
By changing sprockets, or what gear the operator runs the bike in on the dyno...you can manipulate
the out come of the run. But the tune on the engine is not going to change.

Dyno tunes are best done for smooth power delivery NOT MAX HP...too many people get caught up in the #'s
sad.gif

Ok, so here are the numbers, After Yoshi's R22 boltons, Power Comander tunded by the dealer, the bike did 140 HP, then it was dyno tuned and they ware able to get it to 141 hp maximum speed was 168 mph in the dyno in the speedometer it was toped out, revs cut the engine off at 10,500 rpm.
guns.gif

Any opinions?

Do you happen to know the model of the DYNO say 250i? It would that number...

(DNGrumpy @ Apr. 11 2007,11:05) Do you happen to know the model of the DYNO say 250i?  It would that number...
EC99a Auto Steep, Eddy Current dynamometer test was done at 150' over sea level. Humidity about 60% temperature about 65..

I will post the graphics

(archeryblackdog @ Apr. 11 2007,14:56) Ok, so here are the numbers, After Yoshi's R22 boltons, Power Comander tunded by the dealer, the bike did 140 HP, then  it was dyno tuned and they ware able to get it to 141 hp maximum speed was 168 mph in the dyno in the speedometer it was toped out, revs cut the engine off at 10,500 rpm.
guns.gif

Any opinions?
Right around 15% less HP shown when using Factory Pro vs Dynojet .

Should be running very well .

Would you please post the CO2 ? Just curious on that part .

Back