DYNO HELP

gsteve

Registered
Just booked time on a dyno on wheels that will be in town this week. They say they can give me a a/f printout as well as hp. The prob is the guy isnt a tuner. I can fiddle with my map on site with my laptop but I dont know what numbers Id be looking for on the exhaust gas printout. Does anyone have a printout of what a "bangon" reading is that they could post here or email me?
This dyno will be at the local harley shop... should be kinda fun to see the look on the hog heros faces when they see something make close to dbl thier hp.
Oh.. in case this guy doesnt know sport bikes , what gear should my bike be in for the test?
Thanks for the help guys sj

Come on you bums... I know its a holiday but....................
tounge.gif

it's prolly a DJ100 series if it's a traveler (not always but most).
Not worth the $$$ for you to worry about tuning it on.
save the nickles and buy time where you CAN have a tuner.

unless you're just having fun..then go for it...those dynos are usually generous witth thier numbers (it's how they make the harley guys feel better about themselves after spending all that $$$ on a "boat anchor").
cool.gif

Hahah.. good point. Im going anyway , its cheap and the only dyno near me is 500 miles away. I will be able to adjust my map while im there [watching the hogs pray for 74hp] waiting. But I need to know what to look for in the A/F readout.

PM Johnnycheese, I am no tuner. Do a search on suzukihayabusa.org. There are many many tuners on that site!

I can tell you this, just because your bike reads more HP on a dyno doesn't mean it is going as fast as it will. You must give it more fuel at the higher RPMs to account for the RAM air affect.

...get a custom MAP from quaser... $25 will save you all the trouble
biggrin.gif

I have one from Q... will be fun to see how it turns out. he told me the dyno will show rich as it doesnt compensate for the ramair. Ill let you all know how it turns out. sj

Back