Dyno Day

OB_jeffw

Registered
Today was a good dyno day, while waiting for my PC2 I put the old girl on the dyno to play with my problem area (3k rpm). Got the f/a ratio back where it should be and 4 hp to boot! I now have much less of a stumble.

Also ran a '97 GSXR750 turbo for a customer......did 190 hp with 95 ft/lb of torque. Not bad for a 400 lb bike.

I did not get a chance to play with a stock air box, hope I have some spare time next week.

4hp!.....I'd have to say your in a good mood right about now?

Thats the way it should be, I'm glad somebody going in the right direction. :)

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 08 April 2000).]

Jeff, let me know the next time you dyno. Did you change fuel any? Were you using the yosh box? That put you over 170 hp didn't it?

Yep, good mood. 4hp, even down low is good news. Can't wait for my PC2 so I can create my own full map on the dyno.......fun fun fun.

Chuck, no I did not try the ELF to see what gains that I might get. The 4hp was around 3k rpm, not the top end. So I'm still at 166.9/99.7. I did use the yosh box.

I'll do some more next week after I get back from LA.

Jeffw:
4 hp down low, this is were we ride most of the time, this is daily usable hp, I bet you'll get even more with the pc-2,
it's possible that there is 4-5 hp when the mapping can be altered for minor rpm changes, minor throttle opening-closing...

this would make it clean all the way to red line ...

theoretically this will provide more hp total ... throughout the entire range

I am glad you are getting to know your "dyno" ... lucky guy!

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 09 April 2000).]

"Moisan" (really McExpress) makes turbo kits for the SRAD 750, I wasn't aware that Mr Turbo made them also. That's probably why Yngve asked whose kit it was.

I think the turbo was from Mr Turbo...

I have been told it was American Turbo Systems now....... stand by for the next answer in a few minutes!

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 11 April 2000).]

Back