Dur!

Well clearly there are those who considered that I was speaking out of turn and decided to do something about it (ie. threats)!!!

My original post suggested the use of English rather than text speak on the forum. Given that folk are often trying to describe or analyse a problem from afar this didn’t seem like an unreasonable idea. However, in the cold light of day (as opposed to late night, post Vodka) I may have been wiser and pressed delete rather than confirm......

I am a ‘newbie’ here and have inadvertently & unexpectedly ruffled some feathers.

I therefore apologise to those individuals but stand by my words.

My biggest gripe is auto-correct with the cell phones. Can't people re-read what they type before they hit the post button? :rofl:

No worries, Tomo..... there's a LOT of forum members who would rather read English than try to interpret text-speech.

Text-speech is fine for texting - it's fast and saves time - but forums allow one to fully communicate.

Tomo, I think some are just having fun with the topic. I didn't see any threats (which is against the rules) unless they sent you a private message and if you did get threats via p.m's please let me or another moderator know.

Oh, and before I forget......welcome to the board :thumbsup:

If you don't stop taking a piss on my mates I'll give you a thick ear as I am well tooled up you wanker now stop watching BEEB and get on with it:laugh: JK

Is this the "threat" in question? He was just giving you a hard time. No worries! :beerchug:

Okay, I've found another one of my many pet peeves.. The words to, too and two are NOT interchangeable. Also the words threw and through.

This is a good thread.. :thumbsup: :laugh:

My only peeve is when people actually type Ebonics, always makes me think of the e-thug pics. <--- sorry, pictures.

Also, how would you express lol without text speech? Would you type, "I am laughing out loud." or simply put hahahahahahahahahahahaha?

I am totally not trying to be mean here, but just in the first few posts there are a ton of typos. I am really bad with catching stuff like that and I almost always do despite trying not to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

n0 n33d t0 4p0106!z3 70m0, ju57 h4v!n6 50m3 fun witcha...(No need to apologize Tomo, just having some fun with you) you know, the whole "do the exact opposite of what was just asked" it can be pretty annoying to try to interpret bad or broken english...like, when the appartment complex my friend lived in changed his locks after he had been broken into... the maintenance guy was esl (english second language) and the not he left to say the new keys were in the office said "you keys have a office yo".... i also work with a guy and when he talks he mumbles so much that it just sounds like a bubbling vat of syrup... hope no one actually threatened you, as that would be more of a harley rider thing to do :laugh: i think every one was just funnin with ya

Back