Dupont teflon Lube

Good thread--so now--tell me where you guys are finding the Dupont stuff??
:thumbsup:

dupont chain lube.jpg

I have a different theory when it comes to o-ring chains, comes from too many dirt bike hours.

The only place lube matters, is inside the links, you cannot get anything in there with an o-ring chain. So all that matters is to protect the o-rings. Silicone does a good job as a rubber lubricant.

Anything on the outside of the chain, wax or oil film will embed dust particles. They may not be noticeable with the eye, but the sprockets will see them as grinding paste and the wear will be accelerated.

I just juse a Teflon Silicone cleaner to clean the chain, Dupont works well.

Dupont works well. Used other chain lubes but they all fling after a while, and are pain to remove if you dont have any chain cleaner. Dupont every 600 miles, cleans and lubes in one step.

I have a different theory when it comes to o-ring chains, comes from too many dirt bike hours.

The only place lube matters, is inside the links, you cannot get anything in there with an o-ring chain. So all that matters is to protect the o-rings. Silicone does a good job as a rubber lubricant.

Anything on the outside of the chain, wax or oil film will embed dust particles. They may not be noticeable with the eye, but the sprockets will see them as grinding paste and the wear will be accelerated.

I just juse a Teflon Silicone cleaner to clean the chain, Dupont works well.

he Dupont Chain lube sounds pretty similar to the one i use, Profi Dry Lube. The only difference being that the Profi Dry lube uses a microfine PTFE coating. But you get the same results, no fling and a chain that looks as though there is no lube applied, totally clean looking. One can lasts for thousands of miles. :thumbsup:

Back