Dunlop q's

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
Put them on yesterday to replace my worn out Pilot Powers. I rode from sun up to sun down today ... low speed cruising, high speed cruising, good roads, bad roads, a few curves (still got 1/8 inch chicken strips), steep rises (airborne a few times), 15 minutes of rain, and high speed long sweeping turns ... yes it was a good day.
So, the Q's were surprising good to me. Their profiles is a lot flatter than the Powers, so I immediately noticed that it took just a little more effort to lean into the turns while the Powers and the Diablo's before them "fell" into the turns faster. The Q's warmed up fast, stuck really well and felt very firm in the turns, very stable in the triple digit runs, and performed very well in the rain (even at the begining when the road surface was most slippery). I like them a lot and I'm glad that I chose to try them out. While I would not rate them overall better than the Powers because I like the rounder profile of the Powers, I did feel that the Q's give just as good a grip and I did feel more "in control" while leaning in the turns with the Q's right away ... while it took some time to feel as confident about the Power's. I will add more to this review after I ride more and learn more.

cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back