Working on my chicken strips today....

Blacksmith

Registered
My dad and I rode to the DDS today for him to practice for his test and I took the opportunity to play around on their training course and I fell in love with these new tires. The salesman said the Pirelli Angel's were built to be more stable at high speed and the Pilot Powers are more for cornering, something about a rounder shoulder to fall in turns easier, and he wasn't kidding. The bike feels like shes just waiting to to lean in and hit the curves. I was really surprised, I turned harder and tighter than I used to but didn't scrape a peg. I'm not sure how that works and I wasn't riding fast at all but I used to have to last her over far enough to scrape to ride the same little course I did today. I know they're not going to last more than 5k miles but they're already worth every penny, I love these things!

20200118_191627.jpg

My dad and I rode to the DDS today for him to practice for his test and I took the opportunity to play around on their training course and I fell in love with these new tires. The salesman said the Pirelli Angel's were built to be more stable at high speed and the Pilot Powers are more for cornering, something about a rounder shoulder to fall in turns easier, and he wasn't kidding. The bike feels like shes just waiting to to lean in and hit the curves. I was really surprised, I turned harder and tighter than I used to but didn't scrape a peg. I'm not sure how that works and I wasn't riding fast at all but I used to have to last her over far enough to scrape to ride the same little course I did today. I know they're not going to last more than 5k miles but they're already worth every penny, I love these things!

View attachment 1611277
I started with the PP and would get a little more than 3k miles out of them. I moved to the Power RS and can get close to 6k out of the rear and about 7k from the front. I found that tire pressure makes a huge impact on handling. I would run 34 psi on the PP and I run 37psi on the RS and the turn in on both are great. If I were doing mostly highway I would raise the psi by about 2 to 3 psi.

I started with the PP and would get a little more than 3k miles out of them. I moved to the Power RS and can get close to 6k out of the rear and about 7k from the front. I found that tire pressure makes a huge impact on handling. I would run 34 psi on the PP and I run 37psi on the RS and the turn in on both are great. If I were doing mostly highway I would raise the psi by about 2 to 3 psi.
Mine still have the 40lbs that Ridenow put in them, should I drop there pressure some?

Mine still have the 40lbs that Ridenow put in them, should I drop there pressure some?
I believe Suzuki recommends 42psi, but that's fully loaded with passenger and or bags. Tire pressure can be subjective to a degree and a lot depends on your riding style, weight, etc. I hit the back roads as much as possible and 34 psi on the PP gave me plenty of grip and the tire didn't move around on me or break free.

Nothin but Michelin in my garage, I usually run 36 frt and 38 rear on my gen 2 and corners like its on rails. Got Road 4 on the 14 and still great feel and cornering

Back