Dumbest move ever!!!!

mistah187

Registered
sup busa bros and sisters. just thought i would let all of you get a good chuckle out of my stupidity because i thought this was hilarious. i just put on a new tail and wanted to take some super sweet sunny cali pics. didnt plan on ridin because i had to work so i cleaned her up and got her ready for her pictorial. as i was about to take a picture i thought man im gonna shine those tires up for the pic. now i knew at the time that if i did this i would have to wash the tire and all that to get the shine stuff off. well i forgot. went for a short ride and the first time i put her deep wobble sliiiiiiiiiidddeee. No crash so that was great but i bet it looked like a professional drift for sure. the first thought in my mind was Fing idot. then i had to laugh at myself. "HAHA
whistling.gif

russmotorcycle003.jpg

Russell, that's a good one  
tounge.gif
  Now I don't feel so bad about my stupid stunt the other day. Using stands for the first time I used them on carpet (that's a no-no) put her on the rear stand & took off the rear tire (there's another no-no) then attempted to put her on the front stand only to pull her off the rear stand and end up with my baby low ridin on the swingarm, rear brake caliper, belly wing, fairings & header pipes, just plain stupid (the carpet kept the rear stand from rolling) what was really fun was getting her back up on the stand.  Oh well I guess neither of us will do the same mistake twice.  
laugh.gif

Glad you're laughing and not crying!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

You're supposed to start with the shiny side on top, not the bottom. Good to hear you didn't low side it.

glad ya gathered it up
thumb_up.gif
i once did an undertail kit on a bike i had some time ago got up early on ride day and finished it one hour later i got rear ended by another rider in the group and wiped out my new undertail

First Bike I ever Ridden back in 1986... 82 Yamaha Seca 400. Forgot to Put Me Feet Down at the Stop Sign ....
SHOCKED.gif
Very First Ride !!!!!!

Sh.. Happens
blush.gif

glad ya gathered it up
thumb_up.gif
   i once did an undertail kit on a bike i had some time ago   got up early on ride day and finished it   one hour later i got rear ended by another rider in the group and wiped out my new undertail
i got ya beat, spent $2000 on a paint job, only to have my gf who was following me home from picking up the bike, rear end me and total it 90 seconds after we left the paint shop. oh well 4500 miles was too many anyway, i needed a new bike. 06 busa totaled to 07 busa now

Good save.

I left a wheel lock on the front wheel once and decided to power launch. I will be in the memories of at least 20 people for a very long time. Happened about 10 years ago and buddies still bring it up...

beerchug.gif

Glad you could save that one...pucker factor for certain! Yikes!

Don't feel bad...we all do it at some point...
smile.gif

Back