Dropping weight

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
So I'm pretty much done putting my baike back together and working out all the bugs. Since it was such a nice day Yesterday I figured I would weigh the bike in.

Front 216 lbs. (54.5%)
Rear 180 lbs. (45.5%)

I wish I could find another 20lbs to drop off the bike but it's getting tough to trim any more.

This was all full of fluids no rider. My fat azz in gear will add some weight over the rear. I was able to figure out the Horizontal Cg. Now I just need to build some sort of rig so I can figure out the Vertical Cg. I may have to wait until after the May Maxton event when there's a bit more free time.

On a different note, does anyone know the weight difference between the 05-06 vs. 07-08 1k forks?

I know with as many mods that you have done the weight may be further off than it was on the showroom floor...but thought I'd throw in a basically stock Gen II weight.

In full tuck and full gear mine went with 49% and some change in the rear and 51% and some change on the front end. Looks like Suzuki did some pretty good homework~!~

I was hoping to get a little more weight on the front half. Getting me in full tuck & geared on the bike is a little tougher to weigh. I may have to get a neighbor to help me out with that one. There's still a few options/setups I've got to try out. It really depends on how the May event goes. :thumbsup:

396lbs. for a BUSA is pretty freaking sweet... :thumbsup:

I'd hate to see the price break down on that... :beerchug:

With all of the weight that's added from running a non stock engine it takes alot of things to bring the weight back down. Only my pistons, oil pump, and flywheel are lighter than stock. Everything else internal is heavier. The exhaust system and gas tank were the biggest weight reductions. Subframe helps alot. Alot of the other items drop somewhere between 1-3 lbs. each.

Last edited:
396 is nothing to sneeze at! That's awesome. I've been scouting different forums trying to find out the best way to reduce weight off the bike(minus buying super expensive wheels). Would you mind posting a breakdown of what you've done? If not maybe a pm.

Thanks! :beerchug:

hmm a breakdown... man I gave up recording every increase/decrease in weight per part. The big ticket items were:

sidewinder exhaust
small gas tank
aluminum subframe
LiFePo battery
small radiator
fiberglass fairings

Those were the big items. smaller items were wheels, swingarm, yoke, aluminum bolts, titanium bolts, and swiss cheese non stressed items.

There's still some things left to reduce weight but I wont do anything until winter time.

For everyday street ridding I don't think loosing to much weight is neccessary. Reduce gyro is a big plus.

Back