Dragracing shoes/ boots? Whats most popular?

Gymratt 64

Registered
Hey all,
I want to start bracket racing my Busa next season. I was wondering what foot wear is the most popular? Leather High tops? Simpson race stuff? Roadrace boots? Google hasn't been much of a help to me. Also I'm not sure of the nhra rules concerning footwear. Thanks in advance! - Al

Last edited:
JoeRocket.com

1687_Pro_Street_Boot300.jpg

I use these...wearing them into a store / work is ok for walking...

A set of dedicated, higher boots is probably the way to go if you can afford it.

alpine_octane_shoe.jpg

This is what I use and sell to lots of racers and they last,just threw mine in trash after 4 years of dragging my feet..The Sidi boot is great with replaceable toe slides for guys with longer legs that can't get your feet up fast..There are options like heat sheilds,ceramic toe sliders,notice unlike other boots where the slider is...lmk if you need a pair..limited sizes available till end of year when next boat comes over from Italy..Black,Blue and Red Available...

I use to do the simpson,and race cars boots but once you see what happens in a crash you will see why I don't wear them now....We are a simpson dealer if you want to go that route...they make great helmets also..

boots02.jpg

boots03.jpg

Last edited:
I use these...wearing them into a store / work is ok for walking...

A set of dedicated, higher boots is probably the way to go if you can afford it.

Bro i have the same boots... i dont think these are any good for drag at all... no metal or plastic toe protection... if you drag with these, you be ripping the material off... they are however very comfy, but horrible for hot weather.

I'm big fan of Alpinestars MX-5 or their SMX+ is also really nice but you are going to pay for them. They are for racing, no doubt...but they will protect you and your dogs.

I have the Joe Rockets and love them. The Sidi's aren't bad either. If you are just going to drag race I would go with one of those two choices. The sliders on the inside are nice. If you plan on doing road course riding you might as well get the long boots.

Back