Drag boots

White-HotBusa

Registered
I'm looking to get a a new pair of boots for racing and was wondering what everone here is wearing. I really wanted to go with the Sidi drag boots but to the best of my knowledge they no longer make them. I saw the Joe Rocket Pro Street boot but I'm a little worried about the ankle protection they provide or lack of. I want to stick with something that has an inside toe slider but can't find many choices. So what is everyone here wearing when they race?

I don't think they are what you are looking for but a friend of mine swears by Bates. I tried to order from them, but my foot was too big for their boots. they custom make every pair to your specific foot (you have to trace an outline and send it to them with measurements). If you do speak to Bates ask for Dawn.

Most drag racing boots are little more than leather slippers, and offer virtually no ankle or lower tibia / fib protection. Road racers are much more serious than drag racers about protection. Mabye they KNOW they are going down eventually, and we drag guys think we won't... but we are wrong. Get yourself a nice set of armored road racing boots. I rivet a piece of hard rubber under the inside portion of the ball so that I don't wear through in a year. You will find that part of the boot grinds very quicly, and unfortunatly the manufacturers haven't caught on and made a replacable insert on the inside portion of the boot.

I have the joe rocket pro street boots. Great so far but never went down with them and hope I never will.

I have the Joe Rocket Drag boots. I need to get some different leathers that go all the way over the ankle, or get an extra piece of leather sewed onto my current leathers. I had to switch to my tall boots until then because I have been getting burned by my exhaust.

Back