Dr Ken - You no look very healthy.

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Monday I started having some very bad problems breathing. I called to make an urgent doctor's appointment, but my doctor was out on vacation this week. So I was told to visit another doctor in their hospital network, one Dr. Ken.

So I visit Dr. Ken's office. I wait an hour to be seen. Ok, fair enough, I was a last minute appointment, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they squeezed me in. Anyway, I get in and everyone is very pleasant. I tell the nurse that I would like to have my scrips faxed to Walgreens to save some time. She says no problem, just see me when you're out. Then Dr. Ken walks in, with his "I don't want to get too close to you" surgial mask on. My first thought was pretty negative, no other doctor has ever worn a mask? Ok, well he's just very precautios. So he startes talking to me, asking symptoms, etc. He asks about my prior health checkups. I explain to him that aside from the current illness, I am as healthy as an ox, with an exceptionally low cholesterol level to boot. He doesn't skip a beat and without even looking at me, he says "you no look very healthy to me." Whoah....Doc, what kind of bedside manner is this? I'm willing to let it go except for what comes next. I tell him that the nurse is going to fax my scrip, and he proceeds to say "you remind her, women very forgetful." Holy crap, a male chauvinist on top of it all? You sir win life. So it turns out I have walking pnuemonia. So he gave me a script for Leviquin, a powerful antibiotic. And he gives me an inhaler. Then he says, "if not better tomorrow, go to ER." Wow, seriously? This is some bad stuff, eh? Regardless of the two little jabs, I don't cause waves, I just get my stuff and go.

So I get my drugs, go home, wait 48 hours with no improvement. So I decide that I want a second opinion. So my wife calls her doctor and gets me an appointment. I reluctantly go, since at this point I'm ready to go to the ER. Anyway, I get in talk to the doc (a female, hahaha, stupid Dr. Ken.) She proceeds to give me a laundry list of stuff they're going to do to me including two shots in my a$$, a nebulizer treatment, an inhaler, and some controlled substance to help me sleep (seriously, it's so "cash" it has to be called into a national control center to make sure you're not abusing the stuff and doctor shopping.) Oh...and one more thing....the doc says "you only got 7 days of Leviquin? You shoud have at least 10-14 days to get rid of pneumonia."

Wow, so not only did Dr. Ken completely crap out on the cure, he apparently had no interest in going the extra mile for me in the least. It was a modern day version of "take two and call me in the morning" except is wasn't call Dr. Ken, it was "you go ER now."

So here I am, recovering nicely, when this morning I felt like I was going to die. So for those of you that might be worried (all 2 of you :laugh: ) you can be rest assured I will be posting here for a good long while...or at least until I overdose on this amazing controlled substance crap they gave me......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :rofl:

Wow, what a story.

I had pneumonia once and I ended up in ICU because of that crap. Get your rest and take your scripts like you should. Hope you feel better soon.

Don't mess with that stuff, It can sneak up on you and kill you....take your meds and REST.

Thanks guys, just the last few hours are remarkable for the improvement I've made. Usually the nights were toughest, but I think i just might get some sleep tonight.

Thanks for the well wishes. :beerchug:

p.s., still not going to the office tomorrow, even if I feel better. No reason to risk a relapse, not to mention I can catch up on some Florida sun. :D

Last edited:
Dont go to work if you are sick, I cant tell my co-workers that enough. Stay home, I dont want it! :laugh:

good to hear your on the up and up. dr. ken proves my theory that all doctors where not "A" students in med. school. :laugh:

I have ran into a couple of doctors like this, but I have had a couple that really helped me out! After my accident where a car hit my right hip at 70 mph, I was having problems sleeping. I would wake up from either the pain of rolling onto my hip or just having bad dreams about the accident. The doctor that I was seeing had me do a weekly checkup. Every week for a little over a month he would increase/change the dose/perscription until we found something that worked and would keep me asleep threw the night.

Back