Double Bubble or stock height??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
My busa has the dark smoke stock height sheild, I'm 6'1" and was
wondering does the Double Bubble help for the wind??

P.S.I do know that with the double bubble I will be able to read the tops of the gauges!
rock.gif

The Double Bubble helps a LOT with wind. I'm right at 6' and my bike came with a Sportech Black CHrome screen, about the same as stock screen in size. On the first ride with the DB it felt like I released a park brake at anything above 70-80 mph, dude. I have to actually watch the speedo now to know when I'm gettin' outta hand with speed. Before, with the Sportech the wind beatin' the hell outta me kept me reminded that I was haulin'.

Simply put, I'll have a Double Bubble on my busa as long as I own a busa. I love it so much that I wouldn't even try another shield. How's that for an endorsement?
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079889337 -->

The wind difference between stock and DB is negligible....... Only benefit would be the one you already knew (IMOP). Word of caution if you decide to replace, Use black electrical tape around the periphery of the windscreen to help reduce vibration noises.....

Note I'm 6'5" and it didn't seem to make a difference for me. But, if Bullet says it does for someone around your height I tend to believe him..........

Note I'm 6'5" and it didn't seem to make a difference for me. But, if Bullet says it does for someone around your height I tend to believe him..........
Well, keep in mind that I've never rode with the stock screen in place. The only screen I've had on my busa besides the DB was the Sportech which came on it from the dealer. The stock screen might do better than the Sportech and make the DB seem like less of a difference. Dunno...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079911359 -->

Im 6 ft. too and I have a DB dark smoke screen. Instead of the wind hitting you in the chest, with a Double bubble, it will hit you in the chin.. So your face is still in the wind which disapointed me but it definitely does help!

I have also seen a Sport Touring type Double bubble wind screen out there. Looks sort of funny IMO. It is a lot taller than the standard screen.

I am 5' 11" the DB works great. I ran 198mph (gps) same day I changed to the new screen and ran 201mph. Other factors involved, but I do not seem to ahve much buffeting now.

Agreed! I'm 6'0, and it is definitely easier to get behind at speed, not so much difference otherwise...but the look is outstanding (IMHO), it seems to complement the curves of the Busa.
Plus, now I don't drive for miles with my blinkers on like an old lady!
biggrin.gif

I have a DB screen with the laminar lip on top of it. I'm 6'5". It definite helps on the highway, but it's not a barn door. Because the lip has a gap between it and the DB, the airflow is pretty smooth. Installing the lip over the DB is tricky, however.

I don't like the look of the double bouble. It would probably block the wind fine, I just don't think that it looks right.

Back