Dont run from the Cops

how about this, a guy is robbing a liquor store and runs, a cop on the other side of the street runs across the street to chase him and gets hit by a car. Is the robber responsible for his death?
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys...I didnt mean to start an arguement here...I was simply stating my opinion as everyone else is also doing...stating thier OPINIONS. I dont want us getting all bent out of shape about it...its obvious that not everyone is going to think on the same page...if we all DID see things the same way then this would have never even started...right? Anyway, if this keeps going then its going to escalate into arguements over double standards and cophaters, then some of us are going to get our feelings hurt and some of us are going to get banned and the moderators are going to have to go into rants and and warnings....we've all stated our opinions, I'm sorry I got this started...now lets just pray for the fallen officers family so they can get through this, and go on about our business...Please. :please:

I see it as a discussion and I am in know way bent out of shape. It is a tragedy for sure but I do not think the runner (even though he should not have run) is responsible for the death of the officer.
Posted via Mobile Device

For those who think that its part of the job and the suspect should not be charged; if a guy shoots a cop, and the cop dies, do you look at it as part of the job, or should the suspect be charged? Now, i realize you are going to say its totally different, but look at it this way, the suspect who shot the cop was directly responsible for his actions, he pulled the trigger. The suspect who ran on a motorcycle, caused the officer to do his job, and in the process of doing his job, he passed on.

If the suspect on the bike would have stopped, the officer would still be around today. The officer was doing his job, and he paid the ultimate price. Im sure that while pursuing the suspect, he WAS on the radio, calling for help.

People need to be held responsible for their actions AND the consequences of their actions.

For those who think that its part of the job and the suspect should not be charged; if a guy shoots a cop, and the cop dies, do you look at it as part of the job, or should the suspect be charged? Now, i realize you are going to say its totally different, but look at it this way, the suspect who shot the cop was directly responsible for his actions, he pulled the trigger. The suspect who ran on a motorcycle, caused the officer to do his job, and in the process of doing his job, he passed on.

If the suspect on the bike would have stopped, the officer would still be around today. The officer was doing his job, and he paid the ultimate price. Im sure that while pursuing the suspect, he WAS on the radio, calling for help.

People need to be held responsible for their actions AND the consequences of their actions.

um...first off, nobobdy was on a bike...he was in a car that had been "modified for performance", second, if someone shoots a gun at you, they are DIRECTLY causing you harm, not the case here.

one thing yall have missed in the scheme of things...they are still investigateing the cause of the accident..now if due to his tragic tractor injury he had a clot let loose over time and it clogged an artery and thus the officer died unexpectently during the chase would he who he was chaseing still be responsible for his death? i got a gut feeling the "retirement able" officer may have met with another problem casueing the crash as even spectators that witness his crash were unsure why he crashed.

Back