Cager runs from the LAW

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
The cops need to start targeting Caddy's instead of sport bikes.
laugh.gif

Read this about the 100+ mile car chase - "cuz she was in a hurry".
crazy.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Car chase goes 103 miles in 63 minutes

BY MARK BOWES
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER Nov 9, 2006

That's what elapsed after a Virginia state trooper stopped a driver on Interstate 295 near the Pocahontas Parkway in Henrico County yesterday morning.

When the driver sped off, the chase was on: Trooper F.C. Breder attempted to stop a 2006 Cadillac traveling 84 mph in a 65 mph zone on southbound Interstate 295, just north of the Pocahontas Parkway at 9:43 a.m. The driver pulled over about 2 miles later.

As Breder began writing her a ticket, she repeatedly got out of the car to talk with him and was told to stay in her car.

"She goes back, gets in the car and floorboards it, and squeals off," said state police Sgt. Kevin Barrick.

Breder pursued her on I-295 across the Varina-Enon Bridge.

Other troopers joined the pursuit, reaching speeds "anywhere from 90 mph and 130 mph," Barrick said. "She never slowed down below 90."

The chase headed south on Interstate 95. Troopers from the Chesapeake division took over the pursuit at the Prince George-Sussex County line.

"Our people would back off so that hopefully she would slow down once we fell back behind her," Barrick said. "But she didn't slow down. She just kept driving like an idiot."

The chase continued 46 miles from the I-295/I-95 interchange to the North Carolina border. Throughout, the driver wove in and out of traffic from shoulder to shoulder, Barrick said.

State police notified the North Carolina Highway Patrol, whose officers picked up the chase there. They blocked I-95 with their cars and laid spiked "stop sticks" beside a truck weigh station near Rocky Mount, about 30 miles south of the Virginia border.

The car ran over the sticks and the tires were punctured. The driver kept going and maneuvered around the roadblock.

"She went like another mile and a half before they actually got her boxed in [with police cruisers], and she had to stop," Barrick said.

North Carolina authorities charged the driver, Mary Lewis Biggerstaff, 55, of New Bern, N.C., with several offenses. In addition, Virginia State Police obtained warrants charging her with felony eluding police, reckless driving, failure to wear a seat belt, no vehicle registration and walking on the interstate.

North Carolina authorities interviewing Biggerstaff asked her why she ran from the Virginia trooper.

"She said he was too slow in writing the summons, and she was in a hurry," Barrick said.

Subscribe to the Newspaper

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

looks like she is going to be a little late to wherever she was going to
laugh.gif

(Busa Dude @ Nov. 09 2006,09:57) Need video for all us non readers
all_coholic.gif
try reading more posts before you post... the video link was the next post after the story....

(Sloto200 @ Nov. 09 2006,11:09)
all_coholic.gif
try reading more posts before you post... the video link was the next post after the story....
I did , talking video not more reading, I cant read
jump9.gif

(Busa Dude @ Nov. 09 2006,11:48)
(Sloto200 @ Nov. 09 2006,11:09)
all_coholic.gif
I did , talking video not more reading, I cant read
jump9.gif
I looked harder I see it now alright !
super.gif
jump9.gif
all_coholic.gif

jump9.gif

all_coholic.gif

Back