Don\'t let this happen to you (a repost)

OB_redelk

Registered
I was requested to repost this here by John Turbo810 from the ZX12R site.

A friend of mine on the R1/ZX9 forum has had a problem at Waynesville Cycle Center in N.C. I have known him for a while. And hate to see this happen to someone. I am posting his message in hopes to save some of you the headache. This is his message.

Well I am in the middle of trying to get $50 that Waynesville Cycle Center in NC owes me. I ordered a mid ($153) & lower ($123) fairing from them back 2 & 1/2 months ago. They show up on my door step. I open the box and both have mild "buffings" in the clear coat. I don't want them because MY mid & lower are scratched and I want mid & lowers that are NOT. I call & tell them, they tell me to send them back.

They tell me they will refund me the $10 shipping (they have NOT). A new mid & lower show up and the Lower is fine but the Mid has the same problem. They argue with me that they were fine when they left their store. I tell them yes, I believe them but it probably happened in shipping, I want a new part. They tell me to ship it back (another $10 not refunded to date) and they will look at it. I have not heard from them in almost a month.

I've called and they said they are not going to deal with it and will refund me for the mid ($153). They refunded me for the lower ($123) and never did refund me for any shipping. They will not talk to me or return my calls. I have called the Better Business Buearu and the paper work is on the way so I can file a complaint. The Federal Trade Commission is next.

I told WCC that I would be do this and I would also hit every forum and website I could find. They could care less. So do me a favor and spread the word fellas and BEWARE. Even drop them and email to their site www.waynesvillecycle.com.

I ordered my mid & SS lines from Pat #68 and Riva is who I am doing all my business with now.

Jedi

Thank you John Turbo810

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 22 December 1999).]

Where's Ralph Nader when we need him. (Is he dead?) Take your business elsewhere - why isn't there more protection for the consumer in this country?

REDELK thank you for posting this here for me. I would have done it myself. But didn't think it would very goodif my first post in this forum was hey look what this a**hole did.

I just wanted everyone to beware of this.

Ride hard or ride easy just as long as you ride your way.

John Turbo810

Alex it looks like we are still plagued with the cut out problem on the 99's from the recent postings about motor cut outs. This forum helps all of us and sharing knowledge of bad dealerships is just a part of it.

Five years ago (pre web)we would have been just an individual with a problem getting blown off by the dealership.

But in the same tune, if a dealer has been good we should let others know as well.

Bottom Line: POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Actually I was expressing sympathy & support. I meant that if a dealer is screwing you, do business somewhere else. That's the only recourse we have apart from suing the bastards which is expensive & time consuming. Letting as many people know as possible is a good way of helping incompetent dealers realise that a shitty attitude will lose them money.

Actually I was expressing sympathy & support. I meant that if a dealer is screwing you, do business somewhere else. That's the only recourse we have apart from suing the bastards which is expensive & time consuming. Letting as many people know as possible is a good way of helping incompetent dealers realise that a shitty attitude will lose them money. I'm serious about the lack of consumer protection.

Unfortunately there as many dorks selling bike bits as there are dorky riders.

Extending KawAbuser's idea, it would be helpful to have a new forum on Org where we could recommend good suppliers and warn people about shysters.

Several scammers have been exposed on here, like Texas Fairing, but we have no permanent record for members to consult before they hand over their VISA number.

Interested Chase?

It told John I didn't doubt Jedi's bad experience, or I wouldn't have posted it here. There is a caveat concerning "exposing" bad dealer / suppliers. Like DP said, there's just as many dorky riders. The only fear I have is these dorks trashing an otherwise good dealer, just because they didn't "get their way".

I do think that most of us can tell the difference and it really won't be much of a problem. Many of us, who deal with customers for a living, know that we have a few we just couldn't please. No matter what we did or how much we knocked off the price (or just gave it to them), they weren't happy.

My father once told me that a satisfied customer will the 3 other people and an unhappy customer will tell 12. I've tried to do business with this in mind. I promise you, in 25 years, I had a few pissed off customers.

Just something to keep in mind. I also believe these valid bad experiences should be reposted at as many sites as possible. These sites have empowered the buyer in a way that was never available to us.

Back