don\'t laugh

OB_falcon fool

Registered
Has anyone rode a w-650 Kawasaki? I saw one in the shop and nostalgia is killing me. Sure would be pretty to look at in my garage. Of course the sensible thing would be to take the $6500, buy a 1966 Bonnie and restore! Anyone out there have one in the back of their garage that they would like to get out of their way?

[This message has been edited by falcon fool (edited 20 May 2000).]

Don't get it. The Kawasaki doesn't leak oil, like the Bonneville. Like the magazine said, if it doesn't leak, how are you gonna know when you're out?

You got that right. The Kaw is by no ways the real thing and I am fully aware that the value of the Truimph will increase as to a decrease of the Kaw's value. I figure having any orginal would be like having money in the bank. A decent Bonnie is really hard to come up with these days especially in this area. If I can sell my FZR for a decent price I will be on the look out for a early Triumph or Norton. Somewhere out there is anold man that has a pristene Bonnie that just don't know what he is holding! Only problem is finding him.

I've got a '67 Triumph TR6C, concours condition, sitting in my living room. It's a 650 with high pipes, used for desert racing in the west. Every nut, bolt, and washer, inside and out, has been restored. I have a little more invested in it than the Kawasaki costs, but not a whole lot. The Kawasaki pales in looks compared to it and it's the real thing.

FF, more likely the old man will have recently kicked the bucket, and his widow will basically know what she is holding, of his, but will let it go for a good price. Just get there first, and make a reasonable offer.

Back