Dogbones

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
2 Things

1.  Got the dogbones that Frisbee sent me today .ORG style.  Thanks a lot

2.  Lowering the bike affects the suspension geometry.  Someone reported recently that just lowering the rear end made it seem squirrelly.  

If I lower the bike 1" all the way around does that help shift weight off my arms and shoulders and what affect does it have on the handling of the bike.  

Thanks in advance.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Can't spell, lol"|1145931420 -->

It shifts weight off your arms and shoulders. When I rode Paul's (GMbusa) bike with it lowered in the rear, it didn't feel squirrelly, just didn't turn AS easily for me. BUT, when I get a Busa, I'm getting links to lower it. It doesn't hurt the steering THAT bad. I mean, it still handles better than a Harley!
tounge.gif
Plus, it's MUCH more comfortable.
wink.gif

Thanks Yamahor,
Can some of you guys with lowered bikes add to what he said. I ride 156 miles round trip every day that I ride and want to make it a little more comfortable, but I don't want to affect the handling any more than I have to.

Don

If you lower the bike 1" all the way around, it seems to me the riding position is the same, you're just doing it closer to the ground.

The most common problem is weight on the arms/wrists. Try a either heli bars, reaper risers or genmar risers. I know for sure the genmar risers only raise top clamp/triple and i think the reaper's do the same.

The advantage to the heli bars is that they are complete handlebar replacements, which not only lift the bars higher, but also angle them back slightly (20 degrees maybe?) toward the rider which also helps with the riding position and weight transference.

Back