Doesn't This Look Like 'Da Train?

I sent him an email asking why he is using stolen pics in his ad. Don't really expect a response, but we will see.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and... <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>REPORTED!!!</span>

Good lookin' out bro!
beerchug.gif

Oh, and... <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>REPORTED!!!</span>

Good lookin' out bro!
beerchug.gif
One good thing about us all knowin' what Train looks like. Bad thing is there are a lot of non-family members that know as well.
guns.gif
Yeah, with as many pics as I've posted on the net of my bikes I wondered how long it would take for them to get used for that... Fuggin' scammers and thieves PISS me OFF!!!
mad.gif

If any of you play on other busa sites you might want to copy/paste this thread, or link to it from the other sites. Don't want anybody losing money on this...

This was a pic that I photoshoped for BT. Not so clean anymore
laugh.gif

It's not one the guy used, but there is no mistaking that garage door, or the coloring of the pavement. No 2 driveways have the same color.

Glad he's been busted on this one.

He has the VIN listed on the add. <span style='color:red'>VIN: JS1GW71A332104921</span>

BT, do you have your old VIN to compare it to?
rock.gif

Just got a reply from the scammer. He said he used my pics because they were better than his pics... and that he would take them down if I didn't like him using them. Yeah, right!

D@mn right it bothers me!
mad.gif
I mentioned the fact that he never once mentioned in the listing that the bike in the pics was not the one being bid on and that his use of my pics for the purpose of selling his bike is a violation of copyright laws...
rock.gif

I hate a fuggin' thief!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif

He has the VIN listed on the add.  <span style='color:red'>VIN: JS1GW71A332104921</span>

BT, do you have your old VIN to compare it to?  
rock.gif
Nah, I looked and couldn't find it...
Hmmm... Just found it. That is NOT Train's VIN. Only two digits are different, but that ain't it. I'm not posting the real VIN in the interest of elmostro's privacy, but that's not Train's #'s...
I wouldn't post the VIN either. Just figured you could verify it for us.
cool.gif

Just got a reply from the scammer. He said he used my pics because they were better than his pics... and that he would take them down if I didn't like him using them. Yeah, right!

D@mn right it bothers me!
mad.gif
I mentioned the fact that he never once mentioned in the listing that the bike in the pics was not the one being bid on and that his use of my pics for the purpose of selling his bike is a violation of copyright laws...
rock.gif

I hate a fuggin' thief!!!
mad.gif
Well, I haven't received a response to mine yet. Probably won't.

mad.gif

Uh, yeah...I used YOUR pics of a bike I want to sell, because why be honest with the buyers?!  They'd get there thinking they'd see the old BT Zaino shine, and see a moped covered in mud...

Glad you reported 'em BT...

Well, the guy may be legit after all folks. He did change the pics up, adding one of the VIN and he sent me this one via email reply... Maybe we jumped the gun, but hell, ya can't be too careful these days with all the ebay busa scams. Here's the pic he said is him on the busa... taken today. Still could be a scam, but I'm sort of leanin' toward it bein' legit at this point... Hard to say...

busaslickrick.jpg

Fwiw, the shadows in the pic above are pretty much consistent with this time of day (he just took them he said) and I just took the pic above into photoshop to check the data. The embedded image data shows that the pic was taken today at 14:18, which was a little over 20 minutes ago... I now think he's legit. He sure raised some red flags using my pics though.
eek2.gif

Here's a screen grab of the image data. The date and time is outlined in red...
rock.gif

busaslickrickdata.jpg

The VIN shot he added on ebay doesn't contain the image data in the Data 1 page (lilely due to resizing and compression processes), but in the TIFF properties it also shows a creation date of 03/03/2005 at 14:44 hours. Yeah, I'm thinkin' he's legit...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109879429 -->

Back