Does your seat rub your tank?

Greenbean

Registered
I noticed last night where I removed my drivers seat that the left and right sides of the very front are rubbing little spost on the tank clear coat. I haven't tried to use a wax on them yet but I wasn't happy. I have only had her one month but @2,100 miles.

Do they all do this...

I want to get a Tobin seat, will it do this also...

Sound like you might be missing some of the rubber spacers from under the seat that keep stuff like that from happening

All the parts are there I am sure of, It's where the front "wings" of the seat have some flex and where they come in contact with the tank.

I just don't wanna see the marks when I get a Tobin seat.

I'll get some pics and show you guys..

mine doesnt than i know off

green bean cheap easy fix go to autozone or parts store ask for the little like black stick pad so you can put your cell phone on your console. hope you know what i am talking about. it is suppose to hold your phone and acc. on your console while driving

but make sure it is liek a thin material not rubber. take your seat off apply it as needed put your seat on and you should be good might cost 2 bucks. and if needed you can pull it off and wash the bike wipe that thing off and apply it again.

thats all i have been using as a tank protector for about 2 years very nice and cheap and removable. let me get you a picture
argue.gif

38304447__300x300__.jpg

Right where the "wings" on the front of the seat press into the tank.

IMG_0522.jpg

I even check the underside, I have all the rubber bumpers and such...

IMG_0523.jpg

I can't really phtot the marks, but I hope some wax will remove them so I can put one of the items mrninja9 was talking about over those sports. I guess some trimming and shaping is in order also.

IMG_0524.jpg

i don't understand what the big deal is... who cares. It's something that is covered by your seat 100% of the time your seat is on.

hell my drag seat makes a lot more marks then that... lol

Here's one for you...the staples which hold the seat cover on mine have put two deep scratches in the tank paint...one on either side, left and right. The problem seemed to be that the staples weren't completely 'in'.

I finished pounding the staples in, then covered them both with small pieces of electrician's tape, as well as covered with the tape the scratches on the tank...

It's a drag, but invisible when the seat is installed.

As far as the padded wings rubbing, I don't think that's going on with mine.

I'll definitely be interested in knowing how this gets sorted for you.

lurk.gif

Back