Does hayabusa lose traction easily on straights?

I'm six foot and 240 and mine lifts the front end in first very easily and second if I'm not careful. Only dynos in the low 160s. Any of the PRs, 2s, 3s or 4s have hard centers and work well with the Busa. No slip straight up and quite sticky leaned over.

I'm six foot and 240 and mine lifts the front end in first very easily and second if I'm not careful. Only dynos in the low 160s. Any of the PRs, 2s, 3s or 4s have hard centers and work well with the Busa. No slip straight up and quite sticky leaned over.

Thanks so much for the info man! Much appreciated

Here is one of ours, losing traction at about 225 mph on its way to a 250+mph pass . . . only took about 500 horsies to do that :rofl:

petrozzi_t.jpg

ah just beautiful! Thanks for the good response! Looks like ill be trying those tires. Have any experience with any other good tires for a busa?

Over the years on various Busa's i've used
BT56....hated them in the wet...OK for normal riding but spun up easily on a stock Gen1
Metzeler M3...nice tyre in its day
Metzeler Z6...awesome in their day and the tyre that showed me how far sports touring tyres had come.
Dunlop Roadsmart mk1....lovely tyre for all conditions and a very capable sporty tyre for a so called ST tyre....used them on a K7 GSXR 1k nd did trackdays easily.
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT....for dry and warm wet weather its a great tyre..very aggressive profile so can feel nervous til you get used to them.
Now the PR4's...can't fault them and have them on all my bikes.

The new Bridgestone T30 Evo is meant to be the best ST out there at the minute in all but heavy standing water.

I never fool around in 1st, always roll the throttle in 2nd. My gen 2 has mich pcp tires and will just lift the front tire alittle because I roll into it, my gen 1 blows the tire away at 70

I am 5' 11", and about 225 lbs. I can't remember the rear ever breaking loose, however, it'll stand up in a hurry if pushed. My tire preference is the Michelin Pilot Road for sport touring rubber. I was on a 3, but next set I will likely try the 4 GT. My wife and I tend to do mostly touring miles; and I commute to work about 25 miles a day (round trip). Our riding season is about 7 months, 8 on a good year. It's can be an easy bike to ride; but it's a real beast if you just crack it open; and it's a fairly big and heavy bike. I've been riding since the 70s, but I don't think it's that difficult a bike, provided you give it the respect it deserves.

Sugarbear

Back