Do you stick anything in your hump?

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
Its not what you think, you dirty buggers.

I like the size of the small trunk under the hump or passenger seat. Can jamb quite a few necessities in there.

Does anyone use the area under the hump for putting stuff? Dremell out part of the bottom etc?

Is there anything available from the after market for that?

Thanks.

P.S.

I don't want to hear what personal items you may stick in your own hump........
crazy.gif
ices_rofl.gif

There is a 4 piece fastener kit to make the plate removable. I used to keep a light rain suit in mine for emergencies.

I saw an ad for hump mods and I cant remember what there was. It was one of our sponsors I believe and there were three different options. I will try to search and see what it was.

Once on a camping trip I got a little to drunk, and......oh, you said you didn't want to hear that ?LOL.

I've heard people talking about this before, you did it ? What do you cut out all the plastic except for where the pins are ?

D-ZUS fasteners

I have 2 tool kits / sunglasses / towel / sunblock / plug kit w/ Co2 cartriges

& a partridge in a pear tree.

I put as much crap that I can fit in there that way I don't have to carry it in my backpack

Got mine from humpmod.com - arrived within a few days, easy to install. I've put all kinds of stuff in there and in the tail section - it's amazing what you can make fit in that space...

use it nearly every ride. certain size Gatorade and water bottles fit perfectly, even without the mod.

I forget what size the bolts are, but pull one of the 4 bolts holding the base plate in there and goto your local hardware store. Buy 4 'thumb screws' that are the same size. Now replace the 4 bolts with the thumb screws and you'll be able to easily use the space under the hump for storage.

I did the hump storage mod, but can't think of anything to put in it
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll put the tool kit in there, so I have more room in the tail section.

I have my tool kit, an electrical repair kit, all my registration paperwork, owners manual, extra Brakebolt for my RoadLoK, sunglasses and usually a second pair of gloves...

tigerracing sells a whole replacement kit with a hinged door for easy access.

You can dremel out enough clearance to stuff a 2lb n2o bottle in the hump too.
firedevil.gif

I really like the hinged tiger racing hump mod, but 80 bones is steep. Anyone have a DIY solution? I like the idea of untwisting two screws and accessing everything in my arms versus laying something down on the ground or bike/seat for it to just fall off and get scrathced.

In my storage area I keep the tool kit....inside my hump I keep a towel and a flat repair kit.

Hump w/ latch fasteners

HID_Install_005.jpg

I keep the registration, my house keys, and my cell phone in there. I thought about doing the hump mod, but I couldn't think of what else I wanted to carry.

Back