Do you ever

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Today, coming back from lunch, I took a side road the comes off a busy four laner 35mph city road. It's a little twistie bit that is really just a long driveway for a couple car dealerships. There are no signs of any government posted on the roadway... you know, like "Speed limit 35", "Stop", "Warning: Car Salesman Crossing" nothing. Nada. So, while I am turning on to it and throttling up, I hear that voice inside my head....

.... you know the one...

the voice that makes you do stuff you bought a Hayabusa for...

"... pssst! Greg! Here's that road you like. The one we are SURE is not governed by any law enforcement agencies. The one that usually just has Porches and Suberu's making little tests runs on it.... you are on LAWLESS TERRITORY! Let her rip! You only live life once... might as well enjoy it!"

I drop down a gear to first and hammer it on bringing the front up maybe 4 inches lurching forward, waiting for the turn in the road I so love, chest into the tank, reposition feet and legs, butt fully off the seat, knee out --- OH WAIT! I'm not wearing leather pants with knee sliders on them!!!! Into the corner with leg retracted a little.... through the first turn in switchback over to the next......

.... ah the leaning of a busa! I remembered why Spring is so much fun on a motorcycle.

Nothing like making up the law as you go. But I hear there's a place for people that do that..... jail?

But I hear there's a place for people that do that..... jail?

only if they catch you.

(WWJD @ Apr. 16 2007,15:21) Today, coming back from lunch, I took a side road the comes off a busy four laner 35mph city road. It's a little twistie bit that is really just a long driveway for a couple car dealerships. There are no signs of any government posted on the roadway... you know, like "Speed limit 35", "Stop", "Warning: Car Salesman Crossing" nothing. Nada. So, while I am turning on to it and throttling up, I hear that voice inside my head....

.... you know the one...

the voice that makes you do stuff you bought a Hayabusa for...

"... pssst! Greg! Here's that road you like. The one we are SURE is not governed by any law enforcement agencies. The one that usually just has Porches and Suberu's making little tests runs on it.... you are on LAWLESS TERRITORY! Let her rip! You only live life once... might as well enjoy it!"

I drop down a gear to first and hammer it on bringing the front up maybe 4 inches lurching forward, waiting for the turn in the road I so love, chest into the tank, reposition feet and legs, butt fully off the seat, knee out --- OH WAIT! I'm not wearing leather pants with knee sliders on them!!!! Into the corner with leg retracted a little.... through the first turn in switchback over to the next......

.... ah the leaning of a busa! I remembered why Spring is so much fun on a motorcycle.

Nothing like making up the law as you go. But I hear there's a place for people that do that..... jail?
I've tried ear plugs and that bastid still talks to me. Got to stop listening.
tounge.gif

My laws usually go something like this,"Ok, the speed limit is 45, you can go 10 over, its ok"..WAIT WAIT!!! I SAID 10 OVER NOT 100!!! Darn sticky throttle
laugh.gif

There are law's on the Busa? Oh shib, I prolly should learn em. If I get time that is.

when someone is not paying attention at a 4 way stop, the rule is "me before you - bonehead"

I don't make my own laws. I just can't figure out how come when I get out on the road, everyone else instantly turns into an idiot?
SHOCKED.gif

Ummmmm....I know this isn't a therapy session, but I get that voice too
rock.gif
?...wierd or what
rock.gif
??

Mine says, "The State of Nevada has got to get these semi's out of the fast lane...can't they pass a law or something, secondly people should know that the #1 lane IS the fast lane and treat it accordingly, don't these people notice this big long line of cars in back of them at 65 in the fastlane ?...hey you over there...get off the d@mn cell phone and drive, hey look ADAM that thin strip of concrete along the edge of the fastlane has NO ONE in it ?......it's made for Hayabusa's.....hmmmm..(think about it)...decline the idea (blatantly illegal)....then again, so were the speeds we were keeping out around Lake Mead last weekend once more won't hurt anything
super.gif
...........WILL IT
rock.gif
?........

and this goes on everyday as I ride to work.....
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

(KanjiBusa @ Apr. 16 2007,22:22) My laws usually go something like this,"Ok, the speed limit is 45, you can go 10 over, its ok"..WAIT WAIT!!! I SAID 10 OVER NOT 100!!! Darn sticky throttle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

More states should allow lane splitting! This past weekend was torture in Nevada!

(pward76 @ Apr. 17 2007,14:39) when someone is not paying attention at a 4 way stop, the rule is "me before you - bonehead"
I never stop at stop signs on the busa... I'll only stop at red lights.

To me, a stop sign is just a red 'yield' sign I can roll through... if there are no cops!

Back