Do like music or play an instrument

I've said that before - we have enough for a band! It's been amazing to watch the kids especially. My oldest headed off to college a few weeks ago, and he was going to take his sax and guitar, but space in the dorm limited him to just one, so he chose the electric guitar we got him last Christmas. He taught himself to play Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd), hadn't told me, just started playing it for me a year or so ago and I broke down. It's my fav PF song, means a lot, and there was my kid, playing it on an old acoustic guitar.

My youngest knew I also love all of The Wall (Pink Floyd as well; yes, there's a theme here), so he saw what his older brother did, and he taught himself Outside the Wall on trumpet. It was incredible to listen to him play that piece of music, just because he wanted to.

It's funny to me, how much I absolutely love music, can't read a note and never picked up the desire to play myself. I tell everyone I'm the constant supporter of music and could talk about it endlessly. I was always the Mom that fostered bringing out the pots and pans, and never fought buying that drum kit for the little ones. I'd always hoped they'd play something, probably because I didn't.

I'm all for kids today doing it only if they want to and are passionate about it; as you know, instruments, classes, repairs and everything that goes with it is not cheap, and if they're just doing it because you tell them to, well, it may not be for them.
That’s awesome of your boys to do that for their mom. I share your opinion about letting kids decide which instrument or sport they want to try. I always say that if/when I have my own, I’ll take them to an instrument store and see what they are attracted to and go from there. And I just remember @omslaw as the electrical guru on the .org, but I guess he is a bit of everything. Lol!
Maybe you can pick an instrument and start a new hobby now that the kids are starting to head to college and you’ll have more spare time to do things, besides getting in trouble with your new Z.:poke:

That’s awesome of your boys to do that for their mom. I share your opinion about letting kids decide which instrument or sport they want to try. I always say that if/when I have my own, I’ll take them to an instrument store and see what they are attracted to and go from there. And I just remember @omslaw as the electrical guru on the .org, but I guess he is a bit of everything. Lol!
Maybe you can pick an instrument and start a new hobby now that the kids are starting to head to college and you’ll have more spare time to do things, besides getting in trouble with your new Z.:poke:

I sometimes thing I'd really REALLY love to learn to play guitar, then I put on some vinyl or buy concert tickets and that satisfies me LOL Next week - Elton John!

Trouble in the Z? ME? No................

Back