DNA clears Fla. man after 35 years behind bars

Sucks to become a millionaire that way buy at least he got exongerated and has a chance to live the rest of his life free.
Posted via Mobile Device

I understand what you are saying here but i have know a few men that spend most of their life in prison. I have been told by all of them that they could never adjust to the outside world. It is sad this happen and i wish him the best but i would still be mad about it. Glad he is free anyway.

The article stated he has been in jail 35 years, much longer than the previous "record" holder, who spent 27 years.

Anyway, this is really a sad story.....just think if it was you or someone you know. Going in when you were 19. Wow! 35 years is a long time when you know you are innocent.

i hope he can adjust and make up the lost time.

May? Seriously? May? Wow. The judicial system is more laughable than the political system. It's blatantly obvious that if you have enough money you can literally get away with murder. Ask OJ.........
And just because there are few reversals, doesn't mean there aren't a whole bunch more that need to be.

This guy is a better man than me. i would not be forgiving anybody.....

I'm with you man. This is an unfortunate burden of the poor who don't have the means to mount a viable defense. Court appointed counsel is rarely adequate and too many innocent men end up in jail for life or on death row because of it.

"The boy picked Bain out of a photo lineup, although there are lingering questions about whether detectives steered him."

UNBELIEVABLE!:poke:

I wonder why the article says that's he's been in jail for "more than 27 years" instead of just saying 35 years.

He's been in jail longer than I have been alive. I don't know how someone can handle that. :bowdown:

Read it again! They was talking about the man who was released last year.
It's funny cause they said the purp had a think mustash and bushy sideburns. They describe half the AfricanAmerican men of that time.

of which the wonderful folks of that county paid for. Who do you think is really paying that bill

No Freedom<NO KIDS<NO LIFE WITH THE LADY THAT MADE HIM<NO WIFE,Family has came and went so has the most important years of his life.All the things we got to enjoy for free he paid 35 years of his life for being confined,I think at 43k a year he was ripped off,what is your last 35 years worth of your life?

This type of stuff happens more often than we realize. The system is broke.

This has nothing to do with the election last year.

Lastly, it is sad how too many people take 35 years for granted, ONLY because they have not had to give up 35 years of their life for some shid they didn't do..................

This is a man of STRONG faith. I don't know if I could use the word MF enough times to those responsible, if it were me.

:whistle:

Read it again! They was talking about the man who was released last year.
It's funny cause they said the purp had a think mustash and bushy sideburns. They describe half the AfricanAmerican men of that time.

Sh@t! They do that everyday. Every time a crime is done by a black male the only description is black male. No skin tone, clothes color, height, weight or nothing else mentioned.

i belive death penalty should only be used when dna evidence proves involvement. but then again no offence to the LEO's too many "corrupted" cases

This type of stuff happens more often than we realize. The system is broke.

This has nothing to do with the election last year.

Lastly, it is sad how too many people take 35 years for granted, ONLY because they have not had to give up 35 years of their life for some shid they didn't do..................

This is a man of STRONG faith. I don't know if I could use the word MF enough times to those responsible, if it were me.

:whistle:

I have seen a couple posts and I don't think the system is broke. We have one of the world's best justice systems. It is bias and corrupt individuals that weaken the fabric of our justice system.

I have seen a couple posts and I don't think the system is broke. We have one of the world's best justice systems. It is bias and corrupt individuals that weaken the fabric of our justice system.

Well, then that means it's broken.

The system is only as strong & effective as those who administer it.

All too often young men end up taking time when they are innocent, simply for a lack of adequate respresentation.

No one can grant sufficient restituion to this man. I have great trespect for his spirit, though. How can he be so calm?

I'd be assaulting the Judge, all 12 jurors, the prosecutor, my attorney, etc. By the time I was done I would have EARNED another 35 .................................... to LIFE, that is!!

Well, then that means it's broken.

The system is only as strong & effective as those who administer it.

All too often young men end up taking time when they are innocent, simply for a lack of adequate respresentation.

No one can grant sufficient restituion to this man. I have great trespect for his spirit, though. How can he be so calm?

I'd be assaulting the Judge, all 12 jurors, the prosecutor, my attorney, etc. By the time I was done I would have EARNED another 35 .................................... to LIFE, that is!!

Perhaps it is only as strong as those who administer it but that doesn't mean that it is broken. The system is meant to be flexable, that is both the best and wost thing about it. It is up to the integerity of thsoe put in chagre.

In a capitalist society are you shocked that money buys different outcomes? Come on that is what it is all about, right?

What happened to Justice being blind, and the concept of speaking up for those who can't speak up for themselves?

Dayum, whatever happened to being your brother's keeper ............

Oh well, I could ponder on this shid forever, and still see no good answer.

What happened to Justice being blind, and the concept of speaking up for those who can't speak up for themselves?

Dayum, whatever happened to being your brother's keeper ............

Oh well, I could ponder on this shid forever, and still see no good answer.

It is all still there bro, just not applied as it should be.

I'm with you man. This is an unfortunate burden of the poor who don't have the means to mount a viable defense. Court appointed counsel is rarely adequate and too many innocent men end up in jail for life or on death row because of it.

Can you throw up a stat on the guilty that go free because of one juror with your mindset ?

I've had defendants admit their guilt on the stand, and ask the judge for a directed verdict. The judge refuses, and the jury find them not guilty. :banghead:

No Freedom<NO KIDS<NO LIFE WITH THE LADY THAT MADE HIM<NO WIFE,Family has came and went so has the most important years of his life.All the things we got to enjoy for free he paid 35 years of his life for being confined,I think at 43k a year he was ripped off,what is your last 35 years worth of your life?

I agree, I don't know how you could put a price on that.

Can you throw up a stat on the guilty that go free because of one juror with your mindset ?

I've had defendants admit their guilt on the stand, and ask the judge for a directed verdict. The judge refuses, and the jury find them not guilty. :banghead:

I would rather 100 guilty go free than one innocent go to jail.

He is a strong man. I hope he can adjust and does not fall victim to the "family" that will come out of the woodwork now for him since he is getting $$.

It is sad we have a monetary figure put in place for this. Does acceptance forgo any lawsuits?

DNA is a great tool when used properly.

Back