Disney World

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Just returned from a week in Disney World. Had a great time. The wife spent the last 8 months planning trip and did an awesome job of it. Even stayed within budget I gave her. Stayed in the Wilderness Lodge in Magic Kingdom. It is set in a Northwest territory type setting, built with logs and stone. I will say there is no relaxation when at Disney with kids! Luckily there was unlimited  
coffee.gif
Some of the highlights:
Wilderness Lodge
-Dining at the Whispering Canyon in Hotel. The entire waitstaff is obnoxious. I guess the yare just like the people from the upper left coast? Great accomodations and Good fun!
-Boat ride to Magic Kingdom, and water shows at night were cool

Magic Kingdom
-Everything was of course magical! The fireworks display "Wishes" is not to be missed.
-Usual coaster rides such as Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain were cool.
-3-D shows like Mickeys Philharmagic was cool too.
-Jungle Cruise and all other rides were fun also. Of course you can not miss...
"It's a small world afterall"  
sad.gif

Epcot
Can't take kids out of school and not have them learn something!
-Test Track is new since my last visit...1982. Pretty cool stuff.
-Soaring was awesome.
-Kids liked Crush the talking Turtle.

Animal Kingdom
-Tough to be a Bug was pretty cool 3-D show.
-Festival of Lion King was good for kids.
-Kilamanjaro Safari is a must do.
-Kali River Rapids is new and a lot of fun. We got pretty wet, but did it twice.
-Expedition Everest is the new coaster. My wife and daughter did that one. Jen, daughter, screamed the whole way! My son and I did Dinoland instead....
wink.gif

MGM
-Star Tours was a cool ride.
-Lights Motors, Action was a great stunt show.
-Rock-n-Rollercoaster was incredible. 0-60 mph in 2.8 sec. didn't bother my daughter. "Daddy, that's like the Busa". When we started doing the loops and going upside down was a different story.
-Tower of Terror scared me out of doing it. We all passed on that one.

In all a great time was had by everyone. The crowds were not bad at all. I think max wait time was 15-20 minutes for rides/shows. The Fast Pass thing is pretty cool for the real popular stuff.
Okay, on to the pics.

Disney06_048.jpg

(PDBusa @ Nov. 13 2006,10:07) That's it. I need a vacation to recuperate!
Tell me about it!
laugh.gif

I went to Orlando 3 years ago and did all 4 Disney parks as well as Sea World, Universal, and Islands of Adventure. I plan on going back to Animal Kingdom soon to ride the new Everest coaster. I guess that's one of the perks of living in Florida ... I get to go to those parks almost at will.
biggrin.gif

Glad to see you and your family had fun ... although I know you feel like this right about now --->
coffee.gif

Beautiful family, Charlie!
Glad you all had a good time visiting the Mouse House~
super.gif

You probably could have bought another Busa with that kind of spending.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it...

That's exactly why I don't think I'll ever take my kids there...I need some close friends that want to take my kids while Mike and I enjoy some time at home...it'll be oh-so-quiet...ahhhhhhh...

Glad you had fun...I think you had fun...I'm sure the kids had fun! That's all that matters, right?

Disney cruise = much more relaxation...trust me!!!
beerchug.gif

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 13 2006,10:27) You probably could have bought another Busa with that kind of spending.
Wife did an awesome job on this trip. With 4 roundtrip airfare from NY, 4 full park passes with hopper option and all transportation for 7 days, 6 nights lodging for 4, and two full meals either cafeteria or full service, and a snack per day for 4, The trip cost us about $4300.00.  

The meals were all you can eat and snacks/beverages at parks were included in package. There was so much food available that we didn't use all of the "coupons". We were never hungry. If alcohol was included it would have been very cool as beers were 8.00 each, but we didn't go there to party anyhow!

It's all about the kids.
sad.gif

laugh.gif

(GJoker @ Nov. 13 2006,10:24) Beautiful family, Charlie!
Glad you all had a good time visiting the Mouse House~
super.gif
Thanks Greg,
Would've loved to stop by and visited, but time goes twice as fast at Disney. If I so much as mentioned the .Org the wife would've been
pissed.gif

biggrin.gif

(VaBusa @ Nov. 13 2006,10:29) Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it...

That's exactly why I don't think I'll ever take my kids there...I need some close friends that want to take my kids while Mike and I enjoy some time at home...it'll be oh-so-quiet...ahhhhhhh...

Glad you had fun...I think you had fun...I'm sure the kids had fun!  That's all that matters, right?

Disney cruise = much more relaxation...trust me!!!  
beerchug.gif
Mary is already planning a cruise for '08. It wasn't that bad at the parks with the kids. They would've been happy in pool at Hotel, but just knowing all the magic is minutes away...

Back