Disney Trip

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Okay gang, one of the stipulations for my 2006 Busa Bash attendance is Disney in the fall.
Looking at staying at the Wilderness Resort within the Disney complex. Anybody stayed there and have input? BTW I have a 11 y.o and a 5 y.o.
Thanks in advance.

DOH, World. The one on the right coast.
smile.gif

I took the fam there last year and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and had a blast. Our room overlooked the zoo and my son loved it. I would recommend getting the all inclusize package that includes meals. Meals out of the pocket are rather expensive if not included.

Sry I don't have any experience of the Wilderness resort. I'm sure you've checked it out but here ya go Link

I stayed at the wilderness resort for 10 days.....it was all good. no problem finding transportation,although we did rent an electric cart .,it was just a great time and would do it again.

I stayed at the Wilderness about 10 years ago. I loved it. Like all the Disney stuff, it's clean and the grounds are attractive. My favorite part was renting little motor boats and putting around the man-made lakes.

All the rooms at Disney are about the same size. The resorts are more dressed up for the more expensive ones. We have been 3 times, stayed 2 at the All Stars and one at the Caribbian Beach resort, we like the All Stars the best, seems more like you are at Disney, JMO, and the All Star resorts usually run around $ 100 a night. Disney is a really great vacation, we are going back the Thursday after the Busa Bash. We normally save money booking the room and then getting a length of stay pass. Check it different ways, it may save you some money. Have fun.
biggrin.gif

Any resort on Disney property is going to be nice. Just remember..the closer you stay to the parks, the more expensive it will be. We have stayed at the All Star resorts, the Disney Institute and also the Caribbean Beach Resort. All were very nice. The transportation around to property is great. Buses run every 15-20 minutes and stop at every resort, it's just a tad busy when you leave a park at closing. Also, I believe if you are staying on Disney property, you get into the parks an hour earlier than the rest of the public on a day trip and if you buy stuff in the parks, they will take it to your room (so you aren't carrying it all day).

Have fun !!

We've been 4 or5 times. Always stayed @ Yacht & Beach Club. Very nice. Sorry, can't help you out with the Wilderness...we were thinking maybe next time.

don't miss Epcot. It'll take a full day to really see it all....even then you'll miss plenty. We went there every nite for a week each time and still love it. Lots of cool stuff there....

If you have child care available..check out Pleasure Island. Tons of fun. several theme bars on an "island" right off the main road into Majic Kingdom.

Have fun!!! OH,, that elevator thingamagig @ MGM........just say no. It is one ride I will NOT do again!

Back