Dirty Dogs Jacked My Ride.

880jedi

Registered
Ugg. My Gen I with 115,000 miles, and they stole it. It was recovered 3 days later, but in bad shape.

Get a rope. :firing:

zzeerr.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks for sure.

Hope you have insurance. If that's all the damage they did (shown in the image) then if should be pretty fixable. But still sucks.
Any change the theives left any fingerprints?

Surprised they left the radar detector and RAM mount etc.

Can you explain there the bike was when it was stolen?
Did they ride it away - or damage it later trying to get it to start?
How did they find it? Seems like a lot of bikes are stripped ASAP and put on Ebay or CL - ASAP.

sorry to hear that, hope the thieves get the maximum penalty!

WTF did they use, a sledge hammer? Friggin thieves! I have a Roadlok device on the rear and the front is always locked and then of course, there's my insurance. Hope you're properly covered. How about some details? Locked? In plain view? Ridden away? Carried away? How'd they get it?

Sorry to sell, but you got it back... if you need any gen 1 parts to get back going inbox me

It was parked in my apartment parking stall, covered, and had a rotor lock. 10 other bikes in the complex. 4:00am, a neighbor hears a screeching sound (cutting the rotor lock maybe?) and 10 minutes later see's the bastard rolling my bike into a van. They call 911, but the police show up 15 seconds late, but see the van leaving at a high rate of speed. A chase happens, and the Bad Guys are driving 100 mph weaving and causing mayhem, and ultimately drive on the wrong side of the road.

The Police call of the chase for safety reasons, but got a plate from the van. 3 days later they find the bike abandoned near a where house. I don't know if they hot-wired it and drove it, or just tried to hot-wire it but couldn't and them dumped it.

The thieves were rookies at this because the bike is thrashed, so it can't be driven as a track bike, and if it was needed as a parts bike, they ruined all the parts. they had no idea it has 115K on the odometer, so it's not as valuable as a new one.

The police wouldn't give me the plate number of the van, (so I could administer some Texas Justice), and now the insurance has taken over the follow up. It was fully insured, so I should get a decent check from them, I hope.

Well maybe its time for a GEN III for you :) I heard from my Suzuki buddy its a real deal as well as the 1000 . Or find a clean used model of your choice . 115 K you love your bike thats for sure ..

What else is damaged other than the switch?
Was it dropped too?
Hate to hear that it happened. I hope the insurance treats you right.

wat a bunch of pansies in that police department. they can't keep up with a VAN? really? ill bet if it was THEIR bike in the back of that van they wud be keeping up? there had to be a police report? ur telln me in the police report detaining the chase they don't list the plate number?

well, under freedom of information AND the fact that YOU are a victim of a felonious crime you are entitled to a copy of that police report. I wud contact an attorney and have him request a copy of the recorded tapes which will have the plate on the recording as the officer called it out.

but to be honest I don't think it will make much difference in the end cause most thieves steal poop with stolen vans or stolen or misuse plates but some are dumber then they look and from the sound of it they weren't very bright so ya never know I guess....

It was parked in my apartment parking stall, covered, and had a rotor lock. 10 other bikes in the complex. 4:00am, a neighbor hears a screeching sound (cutting the rotor lock maybe?) and 10 minutes later see's the bastard rolling my bike into a van. They call 911, but the police show up 15 seconds late, but see the van leaving at a high rate of speed. A chase happens, and the Bad Guys are driving 100 mph weaving and causing mayhem, and ultimately drive on the wrong side of the road.

The Police call of the chase for safety reasons, but got a plate from the van. 3 days later they find the bike abandoned near a where house. I don't know if they hot-wired it and drove it, or just tried to hot-wire it but couldn't and them dumped it.

The thieves were rookies at this because the bike is thrashed, so it can't be driven as a track bike, and if it was needed as a parts bike, they ruined all the parts. they had no idea it has 115K on the odometer, so it's not as valuable as a new one.

The police wouldn't give me the plate number of the van, (so I could administer some Texas Justice), and now the insurance has taken over the follow up. It was fully insured, so I should get a decent check from them, I hope.

Back