Digital gear readout

2 Buku

Registered
I have a 2002 Busa and I can't believe that it does not ahve a digital gear readout. My 77 GS550E and my 78 GS750E Both had one and it was a very usable functional option.
Is Accumen the best for an aftermarket ad on gig or is there something cooler.
Also, on the web site that I foung it said that the "Plug and play" Harness was out for the 1000 but not for the Busa.
Anyone gots any input?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

2 BUKU
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Sorry 2 BUKU I forgot to respond to your Q in the other thread. Goto the website below, they are great and you can get the Busa plug-n-play one. And yes the Accumen is the best out in my opinion and the one I use. They are not lightning quick and can get confused occasionaly, but always straighten right out and generally work great. One of the best mods I have made so far.
smile.gif

http://www.bohnarmor.com/search_....NJh4LJ7

Just did this mod, but don't know of too many others out there. Did see a smaller, custom made one on eBay, but it was too small of a readout for me. I'll see if I can find the link.

Hey 2 Buku,

What justintime said. I too have the Acumen digital indicator and it works great. Real easy to program if you just let it sit on the rear stand. I also have the Plug-n-Play version, and it hooks up quite easily. One thing you should do is when you connect to two little round connectors, use some good electrical tape of some duct tape to hold them together. Reason being is that in time those connections will vibrate loose and you will lose the signal. Just a little forethought so that you can really enjoy this thing without any headaches or posts to this site asking questions...
biggrin.gif
Trust me when I say that you should tape them together. Will save you a headache in the longrun. Good luck...

Gosh, Thanks guys!
What local did you decide to put the readout? Got any pics of the final instalation??

2 BUKU

I went with blue because I had Bluegauges.com mod my dash color also and wanted it to match. The only thing really to consider other than preference is that the blue can get washed out a little easier in the sunlight. Mine is top and center on the dash board between the top of gauge and windshield. Sorry can't find any pic now but it is very east to read there. Some have flushed it in to the dash's inner fairings and there are other options to consider. I don't find that there is any problem for me with the sun due to where it is mounted and I have dark tint screen. Good luck and you wont regret it. And definitely wrap some electrical tap once the connectors are slid together.
smile.gif

Man, I sure would like to see a pic of a flush dash mount install!
Oh Yea, I'm more of a heat shrink rather than a "Duct tape" kinda guy. It makes for a real clean install.

2 BUKU

Here is a pic of the flush mount install on Icemann's bike and another thread on gear indicators. <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=17151;hl=gear+indicat">Gear Indicator<a>

post_6_70562_digigear.jpg

No, they are the same size. Forgot to add that I got the red indicator to match the gauge cluster lighting.

Back