digital air pressure gage for air ride

Bigger-Busa

Registered
Can't think of the website, but check out a magazine called MiniTruckin' or Truckin' or something like that. It's about lowered trucks. Anyhow, there's a place in there that sells all that stuff, and I know they have gauges for those guys. Perhaps they've got something you can use for your application.

I used this is our S-10 build.

AIRCON20.jpg

Link

(heavybusa @ Jun. 03 2007,18:55) I used this is our S-10 build.

AIRCON20.jpg

Link
Nice, any pix of it installed in dash board?
You dont need to run air lines to the readout, correct? just the sending units wires im guessing. That would be much easier.
Whats the pressure ranges of air shocks for bikes?

I'll try to get him to send us a pic.

Yeah those electric sending units made it so easy to install the panel.

LOL,,,,Thats a bit toooo much but its cool lookin.

OK, i,ll get the same one you used. are these in stock? how do i pay for it? Will i just cut the air lines to install sending units i use now or will i need extra lines?
the send units in the first pix look smaller.

I used "T" splitters in the lines and mounted the sending units on the frame.

They are about 2" in diameter and about 3" tall.

I'd order them through that web site link above.

I didnt buy from them, the ones we had came with the whole air set up.

i placed my order thru the web site when they show up ill take pix of the installation.
right now im just guessing how high, how firm the ride is. after the gages are hooked up i will have a much more consitant idea of rebound and firmness.
going thru a corner with too much bounce is a bit nerve racking.

Cool, I hope they take care of you.

I can imagine that is an interesting ride in full lean.

Got the kit and in an hour and a half had it up and running! Very cool looking. its great to know exactly what pressure your shock is under for height and firmness. easy to install gage itself, the wiring and sending units took some time.

P6070002.JPG

Thanks for the tip on these cool read outs!
bowdown.gif

i had to go to plumbing hardware store for fittings, installed everything. test ride, found out you need teflon tape or it leaks. I watched my new gages go from 150.. to 145.. to 135... utoh! somethings leaking.
went home and remove everything, added tape, tested with soapy water and tightened until all was bubble free. went for hell ride and found that electrical needs soldering. gages read _ _ _ instead of 150.
went home, soldered everything... now its all nice and tight! Pheeeeeew!
cool.gif

P6070005.JPG

Teflon tape and soldering is a must.

A set of blue gauges would look good with that display.

blue gages would be very cool but sound pricey.
My next big purchase is RC Components "Vega" style matching polished aluminum front rim (OEM standard size busa front).
anybody out there have a good price on this rim?

Back