digi gear indicator

busatone

Registered
Hi has anyone out there fitted agear indicator. i just bought one from biketronix on ebay and im looking for help as to where to mount it and how plus how to wire it. the manual says i need to cut into the tacho pulse wire a 12volt live wich should be easy to find and the power supply to the tacho. off on a ride tomorrow it came this morn and i thought quick whip it on and away we go tommorrow.....wrong dont want to strip the bike down and not get finished in tme..
any body any ideas
bowdown.gif

the best way to get the tach wire is go to the ecm , its the green wire on the left plug, the left plug being the strator side of the bike., hook into it.
easy mounting would be too take your shield off and mount it over the gauges, run the wires, put the shield back on, use some double sided tape to hold it in place. you can do this without removing the fairings if you take your time. it would be easier and faster to remove the left fairing to run a tach wire. also the inner panels need to be removed to get to the wires from the gauges.

a ha found the little begger, all wired up and installed on the top of the cockpit awwwwwsome
many thanks
beerchug.gif

DSCF0023__Medium___Custom_.JPG

hello yes sory no pics . have just been out and taken some not a brilliant camera ive taken a shot of the rear wheel where i have located a sensor to pick up the signal of wheel revolutions. theres also one of my number plate the wife says the slogan on the bottom is very apt.
took a couple of hours to fit had a look inside the nose whilst in there thinking about a running light mod in the near future.
thanks again, im hooked on modding just in the uk at moment theres no decent weather to ride !

DSCF0008__WinCE_.JPG

I just saw those Biketronix units on Ebay. They are going for $25 and that includes shipping!

Thought I'd poke my head in here and see if anyone's used them or had an eval...

Guess they work eh?

MInes all up and running now.(biketronix) got off ebay,seems to work fine once i found the tach wire. Done a couple of hundred miles with it and its worth every cent ,not that it cost many in the first place.It matches your wheel revolutions with your revs so if you dip the clutch briefly it confuses it but it corrects itself within one turn of the wheel when you let the clutch out again (not a long time at any speed above 10mph)has made riding even more pleasurable as im no longer searching for 7 th gear! Loks cool too.

DSCF0009__Small_.JPG

hi there i have just bought a biketronix gear indicator please can you send some pictures of where you put the wires my one is not programing many thanks

I installed one on my ZX12R and spent almost 2 hours messing with soldering and training the unit. You still would not know what gear you're in when your bike is at stand still...
Went with GiPro on my Busa and it's worth every penny. Installation was a snap not to mention no training and precise accuracy and ATRE and .....:laugh:

My gipro was plug and play...easy install. As for location...search button....use the search young one. SOrry had to say it. There is atleast a 3 page thread here about indicator and shift light locations.:beerchug:

Back