Digital gear indicator hook up?

69ls1

Registered
I got a digital gear indicator and trying to hook it up. I am trying to find the pulse input for the tach. Can anybody tell me the best place to tap on to it and what color the wire would be? Would the pulse input for the tach be the same as the coil wire? Or if I am that far off track can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

GiPro is a great digital gear indicator and you dont have to get to your wiring to hook it up. It plugs into the stock wire harness with a plug... what brand gear indicator to you have? If you give more info, someone is more likely to help you out if they have hooked up the same kind.

Tach is the Yellow w/blue tracer

Brendan, the Pink is the the GPS signal

just wondering but why would the RPM or tach signal have anything to do with Gear position???

The Biketronix gear indicator uses the tach's pulse and wheel speed to calculate gear position.

Hi , Maybe someone can help me out too, I buy a universal gear Indicator from ebay and I hook it up the problem is they said to hook the white wire to the neutral wire on the bike , so I did but when I try it from 1 to(N) 0 and 0 to 1 it works fine but when I try to go from 1 to 2 I have to select it 2 times and it will say 2 but I will be on 3 can someone help me out its a 2005 busa. eletrocell@tstt.net.tt
Ted

Back