Gen 1 Gauge Cluster Circuitry Question(s)

Neophyte

Registered
Does anyone know the gauge cluster circuitry?

I want to know if the speedo and tacho needlesbasically just work like a type of volt-meter whereby the circuity converts the input pulses into voltage to display the speed and rpm?

If so, where can I pick-up on these voltages?

I want to tap into it using my Arduino Uno (later a Micro) but attempting to read the actual signals has proven to be a little of a headache taking into account my basic knowledge of electronics. I know that with voltages I would (should) get stable usable readings.

Does anyone know the gauge cluster circuitry?

I want to know if the speedo and tacho needlesbasically just work like a type of volt-meter whereby the circuity converts the input pulses into voltage to display the speed and rpm?

If so, where can I pick-up on these voltages?

I want to tap into it using my Arduino Uno (later a Micro) but attempting to read the actual signals has proven to be a little of a headache taking into account my basic knowledge of electronics. I know that with voltages I would (should) get stable usable readings.
Both of these signals are a frequency, so you won’t get a voltage readout on these.

Thanks. Was just wondering if it was somewhere in the circuits converted to voltage for the actual dials

Back