Different Coloured rims

OB_X-treme

Registered
Is it better to purchase coloured rims or to get them painted? and if I purchase coloured rims what would it be costing me?

(Ps, this is not for a busa) :)

I have been considering Dymags--Carbon/Mag. composite- 5lbs for the front rim, 8 lbs. for the rear.
How much do the stock ones weigh?? I guessed maybe 25 lbs total.
$1850 was price a rec'd from Superbikeracing, includes rear sprocket. Anyone know where i could find a better price? Or is this it.
Black carbon fiber rim with light grey spokes would look good i think with my Black/grey.
Also think that a polished rim with black spokes would look good, but not sure where to find this rim and still save the weight.
Love to see any photos of a Black/Grey Busa with wheels as described.
e-mail em ramair1@flash.net
Bob
$1850 for the all magnesium
$2650 for the carbon/magnesium

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 01 January 2000).]

X-treme,
I would check with that person with
the R-6. That is a very different shade of yellow, looks real good though!

Bob, I can save you a few bucks on your wheels.

X-treme, go to www.superbikeracing.com and look at all the difference rims. I can save you guys a few bucks on any of them. Give me your email address so I can show you a couple of differend cans for the R1 or any other bike.

E-mail is ramair1@flash.net

What price can you provide for the composite carbon/mag. and what colors are available for the spokes? The superbikeracing site does not show all colors, just a couple.
Thanks
Bob

BrianO, thanks for the advice, I know Powder coat is a very very good idea, but I'm not to sure how much it will run me right now. I have to shop around.

X-reme, painting worked fine on my ZX-11. I used PPG,s base,clear coat system and painted the wheels purple to match the decals on my Black 93-C. After 2 years the paint has held up fine, and the wheels look spectacular! Prepration and cleanliness make all of the difference when it comes to a quality paint job. I spent 8 hours of hard labor prepping mine. I used no sand paper, instead use a ScotchBrite pad and Comet cleanser. Be sure to tape off all mounting areas for rotors, ect. before applying the paint. I made sure to order enough of the color for any small nicks that may happen in day to day riding. :-) Brian

Back