Differences between the 99 and 04 ?

daiddu

Registered
I just downloaded the tech manual for the 99 busa from Nick. Can anyone tell me whether there are significant differences between the 99 and 04 models?

I don't suspect that I will be doing any major work on my bike for a while, but this manual might be useful for rountine maintenance and figuring where everything is. Thanks in advance,

dd

i'll see if i can help ya here with some of the differences..
1. 99 unrestricted/ 04 restricted to like 186
2. 99 has black mid pipes/ 04 has polished
3. 99 has aluminum subframe/ 04 has steel
4. 99 has the weaker starter gear/ 04 has the beefier one

they are the only ones i can think of otherwise they are all the same.. i believe all the cams and settings are the same. not like the 93-98 gsxr1100 that it replaced where they changed carb sizes and jets in different models

Also.....

99-01 has 16-bit ECU/02-04 has 32-bit ECU
99-00 has black radiator/01-04 has silver radiator (This was a change mid 01 so some might not have it)
99-00 has 220MPH speedo/01-04 has 185MPH speedo
02-04 has a different clutch hub/torque limiter (still not good but different)

A few other little things but can't think of them now.

Josh
pirate.gif

Electrical differences alternator connector to harness is different (changed for 2002). Fuel pump exterior to gas tank (Changed 2001). Passing light and Hazard lights switch (Changed 2004). 2004 has golden forks and brake slaves.

I know the mid pipes are different. Did anyone ever try and mount the polished ones on to a none polished one. I think you would have to cut the black ones off but I don't know if the polish ones will fit. I found out they were different the hard way. After I already bought the polished ones and went to change them and relised I couldn't.
AAAssjani.gif
I didn't want to cut the black ones off and really be screwed.

http://www.puresynthetics.com

Back