Died while riding and no start.

smokinram2001

Registered
I was taking off from a red light and my bike died,will no restart.Checked all fuses and battery voltage.Fuel pump doesn't prime and light blinks when i push start button.:please:

What year? Is the FI light on?

Check the tip over sensor. Look above the rear wheel towards the fuel tank - see if you see something hanging down. Happened to me...

Battery! This heat will kill a battery even while driving... :rulez: Heat is the main issue with batteries, enternal short.... I dont care if it reads 14+ volts. Put a load tester on it and tell me how many volts it reads under a load. Dont have a load tester? Easy enough hold your meter on the battery and watch the voltage as you attempt to start it.

Check the easy stuff first.
Lamp isnt working? Do you take the lamp all a part to check the switch first, I hope not

Interlocks kill the fuel pump, there's a relay associated with this circuit as well. Make sure all the interlocks are good. If you were rolling when it died you can exclude the clutch safety.

What year is your bike? There was a recall for ignition wire routing on the 2008 Busa.

Back