00 busa wont start died while riding

GOLDBUSA

Registered
last night the busa broke down,today i checked all fuses,the clutch switch,kickstand switch,battery...i have full power to everything except the start button...it has no crank...i can jump the starter solinoid with a screw driver and it cranks then but even with the on run it dont fire....would this be a something in the switch or maybe igntion switch???

maybe someone with more bike mechanics than me can chime in on chasing fuel pump problems...you may also do a search of "fuel pump"

What about the kill switch (right clipon)?

The red toggle switch...

DSC03781.jpg

The fuel pump has no power,the starter wont crank unless you jump it with a swrewdriver.....everything elese has power even the goofy horn...is there a relay for the power to get for the kill switch to the starter,fuel pump and coils?

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds or so. I had the same situation with my 02 not sure of the circuit , but it seems like the ecm would not allow power until it was reset. It is something simple to try, process of elimination for troubleshooting..good luck.

How did you check the clutch switch and kickstand Switch??? I just had a similar prob and it was the clutch swith
PM me

I jumped the clutch switch with a wire......the kickstand switch i made sure it was all the way ingauged.....or is there wires i can splice to jumpp that also

looking at this figure.
First you go from the battery to the ignition switch. from there the circuit goes to the turn signal/Side stand realy through a 10 amp fuse. In order to pull in the relay, you need to be in Nuetral or have the side stand switch made. That will pull in the relay allowing your circuit to be made and continue on to the engine stop switch. with the engine stop switch in the closed/ ON position your current then travels to the Starter and the ECM/ COILS. We will focus on the Starter for ease of following and checking. From the START button we move in to the starter solenoid. We go throught he windings and to the CLUTCH SAFETY SWITCH. This needs to be made inorder to have ground for the starter sol. There is where my problem was. Even thoughthis does not show the fuel pump or ECM (Fuel Pump Controller) being effected by the Clutch Safety switch, it is. You will have to trace through this circuit and find where you are losing your voltage. Hope this helps. ANy probs PM me and We will figure out the best way to get in touch and help the best I can.
Good luck, it is not really all that hard.

Sorry, drawing did not go through on last post so here it is.:beerchug:

Starter Circuit.jpg

Back