Did Harley shoot itself in the foot?

to compare busa's to harley's doesn't make sense. harley v-twin cruisers/tourers should be compared to jap v-twins cruisers/tourers, both are good bikes however I've found kawasaki's are a better value. just my preference.

I do agree with the point some have made, "why attack harley davidsons?" I love riding all types of bikes and enjoy riding with ALL motorcycles. The more motorcycles on the road the better.

If you don't like harley's then don't buy/ride them. Would you prefer all harley's on the road were replaced with a distracted women in an SUV on her cell phone putting on makeup while lane changing?

As motorcyclist, we should support each other regardless of the emblem on the gas tank!

:thumbsup:

Don't forget, the people of the USA bailed them out once before why not a second time.
Remember, the harley is sold by the scrap lbs. :thumbsup:

Don't forget, the people of the USA bailed them out once before why not a second time.
Remember, the harley is sold by the scrap lbs. :thumbsup:

Nobody "bailed them out". A tarif was placed on cheap Japanese imports that being subsidized by their gov't. The tariffs were lifted at harleys request 2 yrs later.

Posted via Mobile Device

"Nice socks, are those 65 years old as well? If you think you Hayabusa vibrates more than your Harley, you might want to change the oil and maybe balance your tires. The Hayabusa feels top heavy because it is not made to go 20 mph like your Harley, it will get more stabile with speed. You probably would feel more confident on it if you weren't wearing sandals..."

All Hayabusas have a high-pitched vibe in the bars, especially over 4500 RPM. Common knowledge. And I regularly ride that bike in six figures. What's with the rudeness dude? I came out of the house because someone wanted to take my picture with my new bike. I keep sandals by the door cause I spent the last 20 years in Tokyo -- working at one point for Kawasaki and another at Mikuni -- and I don't wear shoes inside.

Ya can't be happy for a guy with his new bike? I grew up in Ohio and moved in '68. What a dump. And Eaton leads the way. And you are a jerk.

"Nice socks, are those 65 years old as well? If you think you Hayabusa vibrates more than your Harley, you might want to change the oil and maybe balance your tires. The Hayabusa feels top heavy because it is not made to go 20 mph like your Harley, it will get more stabile with speed. You probably would feel more confident on it if you weren't wearing sandals..."

All Hayabusas have a high-pitched vibe in the bars, especially over 4500 RPM. Common knowledge. And I regularly ride that bike in six figures. What's with the rudeness dude? I came out of the house because someone wanted to take my picture with my new bike. I keep sandals by the door cause I spent the last 20 years in Tokyo -- working at one point for Kawasaki and another at Mikuni -- and I don't wear shoes inside.

Ya can't be happy for a guy with his new bike? I grew up in Ohio and moved in '68. What a dump. And Eaton leads the way. And you are a jerk.
First you call us all Morons, now I am a jerk. You PM me and tell me my kid is ugly and you criticize where I live. You are really showing your level of maturity. My bike has no vibration proving that you don't know wtf you are talking about. Go back to your Harley forum.???

All Hayabusas have a high-pitched vibe in the bars, especially over 4500 RPM.

No, it's not "over" 4,500rpm, it's "at about" 4,500rpm. The buzz goes away if you dare to rev the engine past that mark. Being a long-time Harley rider, you may not know that Japanese engines can rev past 5,000 without disintegrating.:poke:

Actually my Hayabusa vibrates in a much more irritating way than my FXST. I vastly prefer the suspension of my Hayabusa, but the bike feels top heavy for me around town. Add that to the knee pain from being scrunched up and it isn't the most comfortable bike after 100 miles -- at least for me.

Like it or not, they sell far more Harleys than all import bikes combined I would imagine. Some Harely riders are cool, some not. But no one can deny that Harely riders are as loyal as they come and not because they are dumb. Then again, some are, most aren't, but they love their bikes.

We should all share the road. I don't plan on selling my Harley or my Hayabusa anytime soon. Both are the best for what they are designed to do.

Another kumbaya moment brought to you free of charge...

Lol! But I do agree with you! I have 2 'busas and a buell and I don't plan to sell any of them soon!

No, it's not "over" 4,500rpm, it's "at about" 4,500rpm. The buzz goes away if you dare to rev the engine past that mark. Being a long-time Harley rider, you may not know that Japanese engines can rev past 5,000 without disintegrating.:poke:

:rofl: and the 4500rpm buzz is a gen1 thing too, the gen2's are smooth:poke:

Back