Did anyone hear about this? Michigan, union gangnam.

So basically this thread was Created to start a fight and not to have a conversation. Bravo.

I heard about it on Phil Valentine, but NOBODY picked it up. Are we not surprised? Cause you know if the Tea Party did this, it would be totally plastered across every newspaper/TV in America...

I heard about it on Phil Valentine, but NOBODY picked it up. Are we not surprised? Cause you know if the Tea Party did this, it would be totally plastered across every newspaper/TV in America...

Who's Phil Valentine? Not familiar.

Now, who thinks there would have been riots if Obama had lost...?

The legislation doesn't say you can't join a union, it stays you don't HAVE TO. The Unions are ticked because that means any wages/concessions they negotiate will be paid to members who aren't union members (negating their power). None of this would have happened except that they unions tried to pull a fast one and enshrine collective barganing in the last election by an amendment, and the backlash was so bad (soundly defeated) that the Governor, who had previously stated he wasn't going to put up a right-to-work amendment, changed his mind because of the overwhelming voter response.

The Unions complain this was back door legislation, passed with proceedural shennanigans at the 12 hour without the ability to comment on it....kinda sounds like how Obamacare got passed, doesn't it?

People are sick and tired of this bullying...I just find it hard to understand how they wern't sick of it in November (maybe because stuff like this wasn't shown to the public?) I wonder what effect a really good Romney ad showing this video would have had on the election (probably not much, because too many people are willing to overlook the ramifications of getting free stuff)..

The legislation doesn't say you can't join a union, it stays you don't HAVE TO. The Unions are ticked because that means any wages/concessions they negotiate will be paid to members who aren't union members (negating their power). None of this would have happened except that they unions tried to pull a fast one and enshrine collective barganing in the last election by an amendment, and the backlash was so bad (soundly defeated) that the Governor, who had previously stated he wasn't going to put up a right-to-work amendment, changed his mind because of the overwhelming voter response.

The Unions complain this was back door legislation, passed with proceedural shennanigans at the 12 hour without the ability to comment on it....kinda sounds like how Obamacare got passed, doesn't it?

People are sick and tired of this bullying...I just find it hard to understand how they wern't sick of it in November (maybe because stuff like this wasn't shown to the public?) I wonder what effect a really good Romney ad showing this video would have had on the election (probably not much, because too many people are willing to overlook the ramifications of getting free stuff)..

I wouldn't say they tried to pull a fast one. Seeing as it went through the ballot process where as this bill didn't. This one is more of a fast one IMHO. Obama care wasn't a fast one either.

Either way though this just means folks are free to work and don't have to pay to work. I say it's a win for everyone.

More of a tustle than anything, needs more water connons and bottle throwing to make it a top story.

If I grew up union and lived union my feelings would probably be different, but I didn't and I feel that an individual should be able to work without having to be a member. In reality anyone who doesn't join will probably catch pure hell from the union members. All those involved in damaging others property and those involved in any attacks should be dealt with according to the law.

If I grew up union and lived union my feelings would probably be different, but I didn't and I feel that an individual should be able to work without having to be a member. In reality anyone who doesn't join will probably catch pure hell from the union members. All those involved in damaging others property and those involved in any attacks should be dealt with according to the law.

Spot on.

Actually Gpmo, I just wanted to see if they covered the violence. Did you even read the article? The article was talking about the COVERAGE of the union riots. Not the riots themselves. Your sources sited, did it go over the assaults and vandalism? I'm not kidding, I don't have a cable and my HDTV signal is terrible. I watch all my sports at a nearby Buffalo Wild Wings? My statement was an observation based on what other people thought was 'insightful'. If you read the article, it states that some news outlets had a brief mention of the 'protesters', however they didn't cover the violence.

Why are you reading this thread? You know you can put your mouse over the thread link and it will pop up the first few lines of the title post. You don't have to open the thread if you want to keep your head stuck in a hole in the ground. This is a reference to the ostrich, not to any of your body cavities. I should look this up in the wiki to see why ostriches do this or if it's a made up euphamism for cartoons. You must be a moderator for you to 'torture' yourself so. By the way, the name of the poster is displayed, I think you know my posts are a waste of time for you in this group or all groups by now. Do people singing Christmas carols bother you? Do you stop to tell them their singing sucks and you hate Christmas? I doubt that you do that. If you feel like water boarding yourself by reading this, I would consider it a service if you could help me take my head out of the sand and tell me if there are any incorrect statements in the information that I'm looking at, and posting here. I have no allegiance to any one source of information and with what I do for work, false data or information will lead to errors or lost data so I have little patience for that. You can also share your opinion if you wish to but it would have more weight if your opinions have facts to substantiate them, IOW, google, bing, yahoo, Wiki make looking things up very easy, like why ostriches stick their heads in holes. By the way, Numbers and Math are HUGE with what I do. If you have numbers and math and not feelings, you can sway people in technical fields.

For anyone else, I'm just gathering information on what was put out and if they never saw the 'additional' footage, provide the direction to it so they can determine for themselves if the coverage elsewhere was complete.

Why does my statement of "I know a lot of liberals are on this board and I was wondering if their news sources like John Stewart or 'The Young Turks' covered this with any facts." bother you? If that footage wasn't on John Stewarts show, or that other 'news' shows, I believe they have a right to choose to see it if they wish to do so and determine if the programs they are watching provide ALL the information. I would like to believe only the die hard liberals would condone the behavior portrayed by the 'additional' footage but they are free to decide if the people portrayed were 'republican plants' implanted by the republican party :laugh: . This maybe true for a lot of 'news' they get from their 'sources'.

So basically this thread was Created to start a fight and not to have a conversation. Bravo.

Just FYI, the Young Turks did cover this story...I'll leave it up to you to determine how reasoned the coverage is for yourself.

News 'Comedian' Wants A Fight After Union Clash - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier coverage from the Young Turks:

to Work' Law Kill Unions in Michigan - YouTube[/url]

I actually find it somewhat interesting to note that the Young Turks apparently covered this either before, or at least at the same time, as Fox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Gpmo, I just wanted to see if they covered the violence. Did you even read the article? The article was talking about the COVERAGE of the union riots. Not the riots themselves. Your sources sited, did it go over the assaults and vandalism? I'm not kidding, I don't have a cable and my HDTV signal is terrible. I watch all my sports at a nearby Buffalo Wild Wings? My statement was an observation based on what other people thought was 'insightful'. If you read the article, it states that some news outlets had a brief mention of the 'protesters', however they didn't cover the violence.

Why are you reading this thread? You know you can put your mouse over the thread link and it will pop up the first few lines of the title post. You don't have to open the thread if you want to keep your head stuck in a hole in the ground. This is a reference to the ostrich, not to any of your body cavities. I should look this up in the wiki to see why ostriches do this or if it's a made up euphamism for cartoons. You must be a moderator for you to 'torture' yourself so. By the way, the name of the poster is displayed, I think you know my posts are a waste of time for you in this group or all groups by now. Do people singing Christmas carols bother you? Do you stop to tell them their singing sucks and you hate Christmas? I doubt that you do that. If you feel like water boarding yourself by reading this, I would consider it a service if you could help me take my head out of the sand and tell me if there are any incorrect statements in the information that I'm looking at, and posting here. I have no allegiance to any one source of information and with what I do for work, false data or information will lead to errors or lost data so I have little patience for that. You can also share your opinion if you wish to but it would have more weight if your opinions have facts to substantiate them, IOW, google, bing, yahoo, Wiki make looking things up very easy, like why ostriches stick their heads in holes. By the way, Numbers and Math are HUGE with what I do. If you have numbers and math and not feelings, you can sway people in technical fields.

For anyone else, I'm just gathering information on what was put out and if they never saw the 'additional' footage, provide the direction to it so they can determine for themselves if the coverage elsewhere was complete.

Why does my statement of "I know a lot of liberals are on this board and I was wondering if their news sources like John Stewart or 'The Young Turks' covered this with any facts." bother you? If that footage wasn't on John Stewarts show, or that other 'news' shows, I believe they have a right to choose to see it if they wish to do so and determine if the programs they are watching provide ALL the information. I would like to believe only the die hard liberals would condone the behavior portrayed by the 'additional' footage but they are free to decide if the people portrayed were 'republican plants' implanted by the republican party :laugh: . This maybe true for a lot of 'news' they get from their 'sources'.

Use your word better if you want to start a conversation. The words you choose help to set the setting of a conversation. Here let me show you.

Did fox bother to use any facts in its reporting or are they still feeding you sheep what you want to hear?

That's not very productive now is it? Instead we could do this.

Hey guys I was watching the news and was curious which outlets reported on this?

See the difference? When attempting to start a conversation we don't start with statements that are aggressive. If we want to have a fight we do.

As for why I'm reading it. I'm interested in this subject of unions. I haven't grown up around them and am curious as to why people fight so hard for them. I thought this would be one of those posts and thats why I came here. Oh I use my iPhone mainly do not mouse. Yes I saw your name just because I disliked one of your posts doesn't mean I think you are a moron and I shouldn't read your others, that's just dumb.

Btw John Stewart runs a comedy show. Not sure if you knew that. And no I don't watch it.

As for not having facts. It looks like I use more media and reporting sources than yourself. I do have the fact as best I am able w/o askin the people directly involved.

Yes Christmas Carlos bother me. I hear them all day long in my work and it drives me insane. You can only hear a song so many times in a day before your head blows up.

So I hope that helps. Maybe next post you could leave out the attempt at condescending rants. It didn't work and was just a bit silly.

Use your word better if you want to start a conversation. The words you choose help to set the setting of a conversation. Here let me show you.

Did fox bother to use any facts in its reporting or are they still feeding you sheep what you want to hear?

That's not very productive now is it? Instead we could do this.

Hey guys I was watching the news and was curious which outlets reported on this?

See the difference? When attempting to start a conversation we don't start with statements that are aggressive. If we want to have a fight we do.

As for why I'm reading it. I'm interested in this subject of unions. I haven't grown up around them and am curious as to why people fight so hard for them. I thought this would be one of those posts and thats why I came here. Oh I use my iPhone mainly do not mouse. Yes I saw your name just because I disliked one of your posts doesn't mean I think you are a moron and I shouldn't read your others, that's just dumb.

Btw John Stewart runs a comedy show. Not sure if you knew that. And no I don't watch it.

As for not having facts. It looks like I use more media and reporting sources than yourself. I do have the fact as best I am able w/o askin the people directly involved.

Yes Christmas Carlos bother me. I hear them all day long in my work and it drives me insane. You can only hear a song so many times in a day before your head blows up.

So I hope that helps. Maybe next post you could leave out the attempt at condescending rants. It didn't work and was just a bit silly.

How was your nap? Being asleep for the past four years must have left you well rested, eh? :dunno:

Back