Diablo Pressure

poops

Registered
What psi (Front & Rear) are you Diablo owners running on the street? What is the manufacturer suggested pressure?

TIA

poops

go by the BIKE's recommendation - not the tire. the tire lists a MAX PSI, not recoomended for your bike's weight, balance, design.
My 2003 busa says 42 front and rear. I lower it 10 for track days, and usually leave mine at 38-42 range.. dropping a couple for backroad twisties...

... I mention that as a public service announcement: If you're flying street/backroad twisties with full tire pressure, I hope you find the ditch comfortable.... to emulate road racers, or track riders amazing knee dragging techniques, you GOTTA be setup like them: Either get super sticky track tires or deflate a bunch so you get a better contact patch. case closed, shaddup. or see you in the ER

hummm.... very interesting WWJD. I got to remember to try decreasing a little preassure for the twisties...

I usually maintain mine no less then 39, no more then 41 and I check on a weekly basis. Either way I make sure both are the same. In the book it says 42 is the psi you should be at for both. BTW, for now only my rear is Diablo, but that doesn't really matter. Whatever brand they are, I will always keep both tires at those same pressure specs.

hummm.... very interesting WWJD. I got to remember to try decreasing a little preassure for the twisties...
don't drop 10 for public roads, though, because a track is s differnet environment. and if you've never done it, it changes the handling/steering feel a little

..don't ever, EVER deflate to 30-32 psi on public roads - twisties or not..   You will be ruining your tires FAST, and you are desperately looking for trouble - especially when they are cold..

The track is a completely different environmet - tires get to working temperature in no time (a couple of turns with flat-out 100 mph and you're there.. ..ok, maybe three..  
smile.gif
  )

For two-up and travelling go with 42 on both, NO EXCEPTIONS!

<!--EDIT|wizard
Reason for Edit: "..&quot;in no(t) time&quot;.."|1091905834 -->

I run 40 psi in my corsa's, have about 1200 miles on them, mostly twisties, wearing pretty good.

I run mine at 39 front and 40 rear, since I went up in pressure my bike appears to handle better. Hope that this helps.:cool:

I feel that 42 "FEELS" best on the streets. but for sticking to twisties or tracks, lower pressure for more contact. and yes, you will wear down tires quicker on lower pressure. I choose stick to road and replace tires over more milage and maybe sliding off

Back