Pirelli Diablo on a Busa

Bronto

Registered
Busa salvage bike collecting parts for rebuild. No experience riding a busa yet. No experience with tires on a Busa. On another forum someone found out and posted. Pirelli Tire North America promotion 'Buy rear tire get the front tire free'.
Like to try Diablos because of the promotion. Found a Diablo tire review Willy Ivins wrote at Motorcycle Daily. Like part about good street sport tire with moderately high mileage. Only one review, anyone here run Diablos on a Busa ?
One last inquiry on One step size larger on the rear tire. That would be the 200/50ZR-17. Chain and Chain guard clear it? Roughly 1/4" wider on each side.
Riding dynamics my own experience going one size larger rear tire. The front tire and rear tire lean ratio is higher. In otherwords Going wider on rear, dynamics change that make the front tire lean more in turns. Interesting getting the same turning results with less rear lean and same front lean.
Be interested in what you say, Thanks

I havent run them but some of our busa buddies have , I am sure u will get a response. But thanx for the heads up on the promo.

I like mine and the profile lets me toss the Busa around like a 600. You'll see what I mean, the steering is THERE. Grip has been there even in 30 degree weather, so I can't wait for spring! It might be because of profile or maybe because I did a 180 instead of a 190 on the rear but the high speed stability doesn't feel as smooth to me. Little more shake and bounce over 130ish, but other than that little grip, I think they're great. Wear? Haven't noticed any yet.
http://motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/03_Pirelli_Diablo/index.motml a partial review
I'm trying the HPX next... I imagine I will be trying many different ones, but the Diable is my first choice right now. The 208 I had on rear never warmed up and stuck... NEVER.
EOM stuck better, Diablos are at LEAST as good as EOM.
Do a search in this forum and you'll find many praises of Diablo's

I run Diablos. I like them far more than the stock tires. Grippier and quicker turning. Wear seems to be about the same. With the promotional price, I can think of no reason not to get a set.

Thanks, Diablos are allright, have to try them.
Tires on the bike now are the Bridgestone BT57 has some tread left. Could of been basking in the sun for a year in a salvage yard tho. Have the Diablos ready to replace before getting any high speed cofidence.
Going smaller one step, 180/50ZR17. Would lean the rider lower and all benefits of lower center of gravity. May resort to going size smaller. Need to study racer's bikes see how front and back tire lean geometry compares. More homework
biggrin.gif

Busa dynamics. The engine is heavy, but relatively low center of gravity. Wheel base longer leading to heavier front end. Your saying it becomes more flippable, that's good
biggrin.gif

Watching few street racers vids. Smaller rear on adverage, riders were smoother in the turns. Larger rear was more animated, appeared done with more effort. But they all made it around the corner
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Updated link on Promo
http://us.pirellimoto.com/

Who are authorized dealers, good question. Don't hold me to being absolutely factual. I would think dealers who carry the Pirelli brand in the stores. Getting any Pirelli motorcycle tire model and size, either from stock or special order. Make them an authorized Pirelli Dealer.
I think it also includes online motorcycle tire sellers, based in North America. The one's that carry a selection of pirelli tires.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072903606 -->

Thanx for the input guyz. I think I will order from M.A.W. I am probly goin with the 190 though, any reason not too? Turn in should be about the same as brdgestone? or profile is way diff?
rock.gif
any comments?

Motorcycle access. warehouse has em for $130.00

LINK

Hi, I'm planning to buy a pair of Diablo slippers onto my bicycle. The factory BT56 has lasted for 4000 miles. Meanwhile my friend told me to try out the D207RR. He said it could last for 4000 too and the grip is much better.
wow.gif

Any opinion...?

Just put a 190 Diablo on mine 2 days ago, was running the stocker Slipstone, I mean Bridgestone...or did I really mean SLIP...anyway, hated the OEM tire, forced myself to wear it out (4000 miles, could have gotten another 500 easily) and our Saturday ride convinced me to get the stocker off after a hi-side sent me to the ditch (stayed on 2 wheels at 40 MPH BTW, and back up on the road). Got home Sat afternoon and off came the wheel and off to Cycle Gear to have it changed out to the Pirelli Diablo. Rode it yesterday for first time, went to our favorite twisty area (60 miles away, so the slickness had worn off) and what a difference it was ! Seems to turn in so much faster and easier, didn't slip one time compared to slipping on every turn on the Slipstones.

As long as it lasts 3000 miles I am 100% sold on the Diablo !!!!

Back